Home

Superstar mode will be better

This is a discussion on Superstar mode will be better within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Superstar mode will be better

Information taken from an interview by Gamespot with Phil Frazier.
Link : http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...=picks;title;2

Will the artificial intelligence playcalling in Superstar mode be a bit better...A little less repetitive, less plays being called in the wrong situations, etc, etc. (Submitted by metaljeff)

"AI play calling [in] Superstar, and throughout the rest of the game, is getting a major overhaul this year. It's really important that teams run plays like they do in real life. So when teams run the ball a lot, which has been a bit of a weakness for Madden, we want you to feel that way when you're playing Madden. So, when I'm playing against the Giants, I want Brandon Jacobs to be running the ball against me non-stop. That's going to be a focus in all modes, outside of Superstar as well and you'll definitely see those improvements bleed into modes like franchise and Superstar."

Will you revamp the Superstar mode? (Submitted by allanjohansen and others)

"You know, Superstar is a great mode because it's allowing you to play from the perspective of a player and we're constantly looking for ways to improve it. We've done a few things this year to kind of streamline that experience. Looking forward, we are looking at the Be a Pro mode that you see in NHL and FIFA. We definitely think they have some strengths there and we are going to look forward to taking some of those enhancements in our game down the road."

Finaly some promising stuff for us superstar supporters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Superstar mode will be better

Glad to hear they're working on fixing one of my favorite modes. Hopefully it turns out well because I really want to take advantage of being Clay Matthews.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Finally ill been waiting for a dev to confirm change in Superstar mode.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like superstar mode will be getting improved. now those people that hate superstar mode will have to deal with it being in madden this year. lol
Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I would hope they give you the option to play from the normal camera angle and have the camera fixed on the player you are controlling. Especially for defense. The currently used cameras are pooly implemented and make the superstar method immpossible to play difficult to enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Damn it... I'll read this as a confirmation that they DID NOT GET RID OF THIS WORTHLESS MODE.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
Damn it... I'll read this as a confirmation that they DID NOT GET RID OF THIS WORTHLESS MODE.
The reason why it's "worthless" is becuase there needs to be changes to it. If they make changes to it, the mode will not be "worthless". It's a good idea but it just needs to be better executed.

I mean really... if they removed superstar mode then Madden 06 would really have no impact on the series (since QB vision is already gone).
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I stopped reading after he states that Superstar Mode "Is A Great Mode..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »