Home

Highlight Show in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Highlight Show in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Highlight Show in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
No way...Tecmo Super Bowl III on the SNES wins this honor.
T.V. sports football actually is one of my old favorites. It was WAY ahead of its time.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Are you nuts? The best football game ever was 10 yard fight. Better than Madden and 2k combined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
No way...Tecmo Super Bowl III on the SNES wins this honor.
lol both are too old for me I am only 15.... and didn't get into football until 11....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #35
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No "Hey Ian" necessary... yes, there is. AH SEEN IT!!!!
Hm... I'm just curious, you haven't talked about or even confirmed a highlight show since CD AFAIK, and usually you guys wait until there's some new info dropped because that means you're finally allowed to discuss something you saw. So why are you saying this now? Did an EA person finally confirm the highlight show somewhere?

Also, the official sentence is "Enjoy all of the action throughout the league via a new, network inspired highlight show." The bold part certainly makes it seem like a weekly recap show. Did you actually see that one, or are you just referring to a halftime/postgame show you saw in a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
Hm... I'm just curious, you haven't talked about or even confirmed a highlight show since CD AFAIK, and usually you guys wait until there's some new info dropped because that means you're finally allowed to discuss something you saw. So why are you saying this now? Did an EA person finally confirm the highlight show somewhere?

Also, the official sentence is "Enjoy all of the action throughout the league via a new, network inspired highlight show." The bold part certainly makes it seem like a weekly recap show. Did you actually see that one, or are you just referring to a halftime/postgame show you saw in a game?
There have been sites advertising the highlight show. They havent really "talked" about it though from dev standpoint. He just simply said he has seen it. I dont see it as being wrong because sites are already confirming it is in. Once Ian and company talk more about it I am sure they will give us the details of what they saw.

I ask though, Was the highlight better, equal, or worse then 2k's? Its a matter of opinion so I cant see why they wouldnt be able to answer it
Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 AM   #37
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
There have been sites advertising the highlight show. They havent really "talked" about it though from dev standpoint. He just simply said he has seen it. I dont see it as being wrong because sites are already confirming it is in. Once Ian and company talk more about it I am sure they will give us the details of what they saw.

I ask though, Was the highlight better, equal, or worse then 2k's? Its a matter of opinion so I cant see why they wouldnt be able to answer it
cant imagine it would go over well if he said "nah it wasn't all that special" so I'm sure there is a gag order regaurdless of whether it's good or bad
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
cant imagine it would go over well if he said "nah it wasn't all that special" so I'm sure there is a gag order regaurdless of whether it's good or bad
Well its like asking..."Was the game good?"

If they thought it was bad then they would have said it was bad but in this case the game was good so they said it was good. I think the same concept applies here. "Was the highlight show better, equal, or worse then 2k?"

Their replies could be as simple as better, equal or worse. They have said some things need work and have expressed it here and their when they are allowed. I dont think they are limited to say they think something is bad or not. They are not releasing any new info they are just giving their opinions about how they felt the current highlight show they saw was.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #39

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I'd like to see the prime time highlight show from NFL Network. With prime time doing the highlights or someone from that network.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Leave something for surprise.

That's what ruined GTA IV. Everyone already knew the damn story / features/ weapons / cars / etc. up and down a month before its release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »