Home

Highlight Show in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Highlight Show in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #57
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Highlight Show in Franchise Mode

I'm more excited about a highlights show than I am about any other Madden feature. I just hope it isn't as generic as the old Madden radio announcer who would interview players between games. That was awful.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Well after they choose hammond last year, and are now sticking with his lackluster play by play I really can't expect much. I don't understand how the developers can sit down and listen to Tom Hammonds play by play and think it's good. Either they have they have people that don't understand quality, or they look past to get the game out, or they don't want to redo the work to make it decent.

IMO, they know that Tom Hammonds play by play is lackluster. It's pretty hard not to realize this. It took me about 5 seconds of hearing his play by play to realize there was a problem.

Imo, the developers just don't want to put the resources into fixing it. If they take that stance regarding play by play, what can we expect from the additional presentation features.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 17

Mike and Mike for 2011 commentators, or get some nobodys like the 2K series did.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Well after they choose hammond last year, and are now sticking with his lackluster play by play I really can't expect much. I don't understand how the developers can sit down and listen to Tom Hammonds play by play and think it's good. Either they have they have people that don't understand quality, or they look past to get the game out, or they don't want to redo the work to make it decent.
I dont think the guys (the ones on the front lines) who develop this game are the ones making the decision with using Tom Hammond. I think the reception to his robotic play calling was universally ho-hum - if not negative. Im sure the guys making this game are thinking the same thing, but their hands are tied. My bet is some executive has made this choice and signed a contract and expects his team to make the best of it. The problem is that he sounds very rehearsed. He's acting his lines instead of speaking naturally. Cris Collinsworth on the other hand is great because it sounds natural and improvised - and live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »