Home

Defensive line depth should be more important

This is a discussion on Defensive line depth should be more important within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Defensive line depth should be more important

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I don't just want to SEE it. I want to FEELl the impact. Ratings should be seriously impacted when a player is fatigued so that rotations make sense. Also the CPU should be rotating players.

Hopefully this applies to the correct positions though and not uniformly across the board. I don't want to be subbing out my QB and LT on a long drive. I should have to sub my DL though. I think it falls into 3 tiers of impact:

1) Most often subbed -
DT
DE
HB

2) Situational Subs or Subbed after long play
WR
TE
LB
FB

3) Almost never subbed
QB
OL
CB
S

Also, game and season fatigue should not be able to refill to 100 during the game/season for some players. Some players, RBs especially, get better as the game/season wears on because they are just as strong as the beginning but opposing players are getting worn down. Something like this may have to call for two separate ratings though.

EA need to see this because this is right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #26

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
Yeah it was be nice to hear from one of the DEVs on this subject but I did read somewhere that the fatigure system has been revamped somewhat so maybe these ideas are already considered.

I have learned however in my brief time reading this forum these past couple of weeks that the only time DEVs chime in on threads like these is when they have something positive to report on the subject.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Ahh, you beat me to it. Has anyone tried this in 09? Lower the fatigue stat across the board for all players?

I'm thinking this might be a quick fix for the current version of the game, because I do know for a fact that my RB gets subbed out when he gets tired. So maybe if you lower the fatigues ratings for all the players, you'll see alot more rotations.

I sold madden 09 in late september due to the silly arcade nature of the game as a whole. I wouldnt spend that much time doing what you said. But considering fatigue was NON-EXISTANT on D there really is no point.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea this needs to be addressed if it hasnt already(but i think it was)

That was a big part why the Giants lost to Philly in the playoffs last year. Our DL was just worn down due to the injury of Osi and the departure of Strahan. We had no rotation at all and Tuck was always in the game and it showed in that game how bad it affected him. i think he was throwing up too, but im not sure.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

i think a D Line rotation would be awesome, but having them fatigue any more than they are now would open the game to no-huddle glitching to no end. the offense needs to fatigue just as bad as the defense.

also, we should be able to establish a rotation for any position, if we so choose, not just D line. I know the Eagles love to rotate their D line, but they'll also rotated in their 3rd CB and safety a lot last year. Some teams have dedicated 3rd down LBs and CBs too. there's such a thing as 3rd down HB, but defenses should have that as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #30

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
i think a D Line rotation would be awesome, but having them fatigue any more than they are now would open the game to no-huddle glitching to no end. the offense needs to fatigue just as bad as the defense.

also, we should be able to establish a rotation for any position, if we so choose, not just D line. I know the Eagles love to rotate their D line, but they'll also rotated in their 3rd CB and safety a lot last year. Some teams have dedicated 3rd down LBs and CBs too. there's such a thing as 3rd down HB, but defenses should have that as well.
You hit the nail on the head. The penalty for no-huddle glitching, besides not having a wide aray of plays to choose from, will be extremely fatigued players. Especially wide receivers that are continuously running deep routes on the plays.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I don't just want to SEE it. I want to FEELl the impact. Ratings should be seriously impacted when a player is fatigued so that rotations make sense. Also the CPU should be rotating players.

Hopefully this applies to the correct positions though and not uniformly across the board. I don't want to be subbing out my QB and LT on a long drive. I should have to sub my DL though. I think it falls into 3 tiers of impact:

1) Most often subbed -
DT
DE
HB

2) Situational Subs or Subbed after long play
WR
TE
LB
FB

3) Almost never subbed
QB
OL
CB
S

Also, game and season fatigue should not be able to refill to 100 during the game/season for some players. Some players, RBs especially, get better as the game/season wears on because they are just as strong as the beginning but opposing players are getting worn down. Something like this may have to call for two separate ratings though.
Dev Team needs this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
They see everything. Those guys are like crack addicts to this board.
It's not a matter of seeing it, it's a matter of being able to implement it.

Unfortunately, for software developers, one fix can cause three broken things ... so everything takes time.

When I was at the community event, Phil Frazier spent more time on the OS boards than he did at www.subway.com.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »