Home

Should we get a different team screenshot every day?

This is a discussion on Should we get a different team screenshot every day? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Should we get a different team screenshot every day?

This is the best thread yet.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

It would be a great idea... the screenshots don't even need to be of a player or gameplay. They could just create a John Doe and take a pic of him in practice mode with the home, away and alternate jerseys. Then have us pick out some errors and post pics of the correct detail.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

He did say if one little thing is wrong, it can ruin the game for the fan of that team/player.

Lets hope he gets my Niners facemask COLOR right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I'd rather they focus on the game than stupid daily screenshots.
I agree. If they don't tune everything right, having the jerseys right won't matter much.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

The thing about this is that at this point doing that might be a waste of time. They uniforms are not 100% complete and they are touching them up all the time until they run out of time. What you see or saw to this point may not be the finished product. (the last blog had wrong shoulder numbers for the Giants, and they were aware of the problem)

I know at MaddenMania we had Ian and Phil come in and ask us for any errors that were in the game before and to post real life examples of what it should look like. That is the best thing you can do.

They know it is frustrating if your team is off, like St. Louis and Arizona etc. have been for years now. They want to fix it, trust me. However, this may not be the most productive way of going about it, just saying.

Also, with the Jags uniform; they are going by the same things we have all seen by now. Plus Tiburon is pretty close to Jacksonville and I think they get an inside scoop being partners with the NFL. I am hoping they will fine tune things in the coming weeks and have it as close to what it will be in real life by the "gold date
for this game.

So my suggestion is this: Keep posting pics and organized details of what is wrong or what you want in the game. I asked last year about the Steelers having their single digit numbers on the helmet stripe and I showed a pic in the stuck thread and low and behold my wish was granted this season.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

It would be nice to get an early peek, at all the teams.

Some of the needed changes, seemed to get done surprising fast. Remember last year when the Cowboys, Chiefs and the Saints helmets logos were downsized? Ian had that fixed in no time.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
The thing about this is that at this point doing that might be a waste of time. They uniforms are not 100% complete and they are touching them up all the time until they run out of time. What you see or saw to this point may not be the finished product. (the last blog had wrong shoulder numbers for the Giants, and they were aware of the problem)

I know at MaddenMania we had Ian and Phil come in and ask us for any errors that were in the game before and to post real life examples of what it should look like. That is the best thing you can do.

They know it is frustrating if your team is off, like St. Louis and Arizona etc. have been for years now. They want to fix it, trust me. However, this may not be the most productive way of going about it, just saying.

Also, with the Jags uniform; they are going by the same things we have all seen by now. Plus Tiburon is pretty close to Jacksonville and I think they get an inside scoop being partners with the NFL. I am hoping they will fine tune things in the coming weeks and have it as close to what it will be in real life by the "gold date
for this game.

So my suggestion is this: Keep posting pics and organized details of what is wrong or what you want in the game. I asked last year about the Steelers having their single digit numbers on the helmet stripe and I showed a pic in the stuck thread and low and behold my wish was granted this season.
Consider it ignorance on my part, but when is the "gold date"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Im all for this, here is the list of everything wrong on the jags unis.

Number fonts incorrect
Nameplate font incorrect
Green sheen should be more teal if possible
Facemask should be the same color changing black as helmet

Logo on the backplate of the helmet is wrong

Unsure errors:
Pants stripe
Jag logo on the sides of the pants

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »