Home

Should we get a different team screenshot every day?

This is a discussion on Should we get a different team screenshot every day? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #33
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Should we get a different team screenshot every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You're right, most of their time should be focused on perfecting the game, but are the screen shots really stupid?
Exactly...

Don't really know why anyone would not like there to be new screen shots.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Packers uniforms are pretty simple, and thus really hard to mess up.

I just hope the team gets the cleats color right. Packers use black cleats now, not white. They haven't used white since 2007.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 23

I'm just waitin' patently for Saints pictures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You're right, most of their time should be focused on perfecting the game, but are the screen shots really stupid?
I know I'm in the minority here, but yes, I think they are stupid.
98% of the screenshots released we will never see playing the game itself - ever.
Last time I checked, I never played the game in super closeup like 98% of the screenshots they release.
In Dave World, all the screenshots released would be gameplay shots ... not the super closeup replay shots I never look at.
But, then, that's just me. And, again, I know I'm in the minority.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 27

They need to work those types of shots into auto-replay. The fact that auto replays never come out like that is one of the things I hate most about Madden.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
I ask the question because when Ian posted the Jags uniform two things were noticed. The font of the players name is wrong and the helmet looks a little too green, and should be more teal. We have seen that the Bills road jersey is also wrong.

So I'm thinking if Ian released a new screenshot of a team with the home and road uniforms everyday, we could comment on it to either fix what's wrong with it or to confirm that the uniform is accurate.

Every year Madden gets something wrong with some team's uniforms. To some people it doesn't matter, but for that team's diehard fans, that uniform error is going to slightly ruin the experience of playing with their favorite team.

So if Ian shows us the screenshots now, maybe this year we can finally have every team's primary home and road uniform be accurate. What do you think?

GOOD POINT
Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's big deal if they screw up your team. Last year I tried to play with the 49ers alt jerseys. They had a nice selection. They had the classic 80's Niner Jersey, the throwback that the Niners wore in 94, with the white pants(last Super Bowl season), and they had the 96-97 jerseys that were based on the throwback jersey (basicly the same jersey and helmet from last year, just with white pants and a black/red/black stripe on the pants.

I was very happy that they were included. But the problem was that every one of them were wrong. The 80's jersey was fine, but they took a shortcut with the helmet. They re colored the (at the time) current helmet. It had the right gold, it also had the right colored stripes, red/white/red. But the outside stripe was realy thin. Thats becouse the outside stripe on the current helmet was thin, alot thinner than the throw back. They also forgot to recolor the face mask to grey. So every time I tried to play with the classic jerseys the Niners wore during the glory days, those error buged me to no end.

A simular problem with the 96-97 jerseys. The pant stripes should be red/ black/red. What they did was put the (at the time) current blac/GOLD/RED/GOLD/Black stripe on the white pants. It was a cut and paste job. The Short cuts taken were very obvious to spot.

The 94 season jersy and pants were jacked up as well. They got the stripes complety wrong. It was as if they didn't even try. As I recall they had GOLD in the center of the stripe. It should have been red/black/red. The numbers on the jersey should have had black shadowing but they didnt.

It realy seemed to me that whoever did the 49ers jersyes did not try. I am not the type to complain over a pocket warmer or visor, or even gloves. But when Key details to my teams jerseys are completly wrong, and I can see exactly how a short cut was taken, it made me question the whole game. I ended up selling Madden and Head Coach, and I made a promise to EA if those kinds of mistakes are not fixed, I was done with Madden. I want to be a customer. But I will not give my hard earned money away for such a shoddy effort again. I hope some one from EA can tell me that they noticed these things too and will help fix it. I don't want to complain about this stuff. Please some one compare the Niners alt jerseys in madden 09 to what they should be and Tell me, that those mistakes are not above and beyond sloppy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »