Home

Realistic Goaline

This is a discussion on Realistic Goaline within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Realistic Goaline

I'm still new to this site, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, did not see anything in the blogs...

Year after year I am disappointed because goaline formation is always run like it is a regular play, when in real life it is very different. The goal is only like 2 yards, so the OL gets very low and just tries to move the line of scrimmage, where the DL gets as low as possible and digs into the ground freeing the LB to take on the RB or QB if it is a run. If it's a pass, the LB and safeties can be fooled into playing the run.

In Madden, it is played like a regular play, blocked the same, so the people use it on every down and distance and it is annoying and cheap. I want to see a pile on the LoS and the RB jump over the pile into the endzone or the LB crush the RB midair, just like in Super Techmo Bowl. I think the new Pro-Tak could finally make this happen.

If this HAS been talked about, feel free to inform a n00b. Holla.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Realistic Goaline

Pretty sure we won't see realistic pileups at the goalline this year. Ian mentioned that they were looking at it in a post a long time ago but they couldn't get the pile to work without having it be to easy for the backs to just step around. He pretty much said it wouldn't be in this year.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Pretty sure we won't see realistic pileups at the goalline this year. Ian mentioned that they were looking at it in a post a long time ago but they couldn't get the pile to work without having it be to easy for the backs to just step around. He pretty much said it wouldn't be in this year.
It's kinda obvious when you watch the Lendale video in the Pro-Tak blog unfortunately. At least it gives us something t hope for for Madden 11 .
Old 05-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
It's kinda obvious when you watch the Lendale video in the Pro-Tak blog unfortunately. At least it gives us something t hope for for Madden 11 .
not all goal line plays are the dramatic guy diving over the pile for a td...the lendale white video is a realistic finish to a play.
bad example

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »