Home

What do you want from On-line Franchise?

This is a discussion on What do you want from On-line Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Rookie

Magsru99's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What do you want from On-line Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well, technically in NCAA '09 Online Dynasty you could play by your self and not invite anyone.

I can't imagine a 32 user Franchise, unless you somehow get 32 highly dedicated players. it would take forever to get through a single season, waiting on everyone to get their weekly games done so you can advance the week.

We've had a 32 team online franchise going for 25 seasons spanning nearly 5 years on the PC. We currently play 3 games per season, and it takes about 2 months to complete one full season. It's all about getting good owners.

As for online franchise options, there are a ton of features from our current tool (LeaguePulse) that I'd want to carry over.
- Online depth chart management
- Roster and editing management
- Progression and minicamp management
- Online trade tool - players, picks, information.
- Online draft scouting tool
- Online live draft tool
- All individual / team / GM stats and history
- Integrated user forum and/or messaging system
- Flexible scheduling
- Box scores
- Exportable stats (from the game itself)

There are a ton of things needed to give a league the potential for longevity, let them start with a stable franchise file.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
As a collegiate student/athlete, I don't even want to know what will happen to my GPA if there is online franchise. I agree with everything you said OP and I'll just add a few quick thoughts:

-Ability to spectate other user games or AT LEAST be presented with a gamecast.

-Automatically advance the week after everyone is finished. No need to wait for the commish.

-Option for a full owners mode. That way we can compete on and off the field. Balance the budget and make some money...and that should dictate how much you can gamble in the off-season.
Yeah Spectator mode has crossed my mind, but I don't know how realistic that is... but yeah, it would be great. Maybe at least a way to save a game and upload it.. but it would probably take up way too much space.

And I like the idea of automatically opening up the next block when all games are completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsru99
We've had a 32 team online franchise going for 25 seasons spanning nearly 5 years on the PC. We currently play 3 games per season, and it takes about 2 months to complete one full season. It's all about getting good owners.

As for online franchise options, there are a ton of features from our current tool (LeaguePulse) that I'd want to carry over.
- Online depth chart management
- Roster and editing management
- Progression and minicamp management
- Online trade tool - players, picks, information.
- Online draft scouting tool
- Online live draft tool
- All individual / team / GM stats and history
- Integrated user forum and/or messaging system
- Flexible scheduling
- Box scores
- Exportable stats (from the game itself)

There are a ton of things needed to give a league the potential for longevity, let them start with a stable franchise file.
I've been meaning to ask you... does this website tie in directly with your game? I mean when you finish a league game, does this site automatically grab the stats from it or do you have to put them in manually?

Or if you make a trade on the website does it automatically end up in the game? How does this work?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

You want dedicated owners? charge a fee to join a league
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
You want dedicated owners? charge a fee to join a league
We usually charge $10, but mainly to cover League Daddy costs... if all stat tracking was done by EA I don't think we'd charge anything.

Its just one of those things, were you have to go through some rough patches before you find a good group of owners... but once you do, its by far the most enjoyable way to play the game.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #21
Rookie

Magsru99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Yeah Spectator mode has crossed my mind, but I don't know how realistic that is... but yeah, it would be great. Maybe at least a way to save a game and upload it.. but it would probably take up way too much space.

And I like the idea of automatically opening up the next block when all games are completed.

I've been meaning to ask you... does this website tie in directly with your game? I mean when you finish a league game, does this site automatically grab the stats from it or do you have to put them in manually?

Or if you make a trade on the website does it automatically end up in the game? How does this work?
The PC version spits out gamelogs which are imported to the site. We also have a number of tools/editors to extract rosters, schedules, player info, etc...

In our league, trades are voted on by a league committee and then processed in the game manually, though we have tools which could write a script to automate the transaction. It's better to do it in the game manually as the game will make necessary adjustments like salaries, cap hit, player number duplication, morale effects, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
We usually charge $10, but mainly to cover League Daddy costs... if all stat tracking was done by EA I don't think we'd charge anything.

Its just one of those things, were you have to go through some rough patches before you find a good group of owners... but once you do, its by far the most enjoyable way to play the game.
i imagine so, i haven't been a part of a online league in the past but its something iv'e always been interested in. i would just hate to waste weeks or months trying to find a solid core of owners to play with, but if thats what it takes i guess its worth a shot
Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsru99
The PC version spits out gamelogs which are imported to the site. We also have a number of tools/editors to extract rosters, schedules, player info, etc...

In our league, trades are voted on by a league committee and then processed in the game manually, though we have tools which could write a script to automate the transaction. It's better to do it in the game manually as the game will make necessary adjustments like salaries, cap hit, player number duplication, morale effects, etc...
Interesting...

What was the last PC version of Madden?

And is that site free... if not, what is the price?

And does the PC game use the same method as the PS2 game to import franchise results? The PS2 game has a nasty merge error that prevents us from getting accurate progression... do you guys deal with that at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
i imagine so, i haven't been a part of a online league in the past but its something iv'e always been interested in. i would just hate to waste weeks or months trying to find a solid core of owners to play with, but if thats what it takes i guess its worth a shot
If you get in a good league, you'll never go back to normal "play now" games, its that much fun. If on-line franchise is in, then head over to VG Sports and we'll hook you up.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
Rookie

Magsru99's Arena

The Football-Freaks community released a 2009 mod, and are currently working on 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »