Home

What do you want from On-line Franchise?

This is a discussion on What do you want from On-line Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #33
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What do you want from On-line Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
ABSOLUTELY. This will add so much strategy to franchise. That winning window closing? Trade for that last piece of the puzzle. Rebuilding? Trade you're stud for future draft picks.
Word could u imagine scouting a player u need but knowing u won't getand having to trade up for him...how exciting is that
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

bump.. i like this discussion, then when the details come out we can compare
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I've participated in many PS2 on-line franchises with Madden and some MLB The Show, so I have a pretty good idea of what I want, and what I feel is generally overlooked in this type of feature. Here is my list... I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or if I'm just way off base on something. Feel free to add your own ideas.
  • General Franchsie Stuff:
    • Owner range of 2 - 32
    • Spanning seasons, naturaly
    • Web interface to control everything aside from playing the games
      • League Forum
      • Chat Room
    • Allow trades with no limit on # of players or picks involved (Perhaps this can be customized by comish)
    • INDIVIDUAL player stat tracking
    • Must be able to export drafted team to off-line for practicing
    • Must be able to click on another owner in league lobby and have 4 options:
      • Play league game (if he is on your schedule)
      • Play Scrimmage game (using your drafted teams)
      • Play Custom Game (using any custom team)
      • Play Ranked Game (normal ranked game with normal teams)
    • Season Fatigue
      • This is more of a future thing, but it would be nice to see season fatigue come into play, like rookies hitting the rookie wall for example, or older players not holding up so well down the stretch (TB Bucks anyone?)
  • Web based On-Line Fantasy Draft (Snake draft):
    • Up to 32 owners can participate LIVE
    • Comish controls draft start and time between picks
    • Comish has the ability to freeze draft
    • Comish has the ability to undo a pick
    • Ability to que up players if you can't be there
    • Robust sorting system (sort by name, ratings, height, weight, etc... etc...)
      • Ability to collapse irrelivant stats (KPW for LG for example)
    • Visual Depth Chart is populated on the fly as players are picked
    • Ability to see other teams Depth Charts
    • No limitation on POS (Don't force me to draft a punter, I can grab one in FA if I want. This could be another customizable feature)
    • Display Salary Cap info IF turned ON for the franchise
    • Ability to save rosters off-line
    • Chat room
  • Rookie Draft (non snake)
    • Ability to import rookie class
    • Everything else the same as above
  • Comish Ability outside of draft
    • Schedule blocks (Means that the comish should be able to open up specific weeks of play as opposed to the entire season.)
    • Comish should be able to designate how long the owners have to complete a specific block
    • Comish should be able to undo a game result
    • Comish should be able to change a game result
    • Comish should be able to replace an owner (with owner or CPU)
      • Can you blieve that MLB doesn't allow this?!
    • Allow for one owner to control multiple teams
That's all that I can think of at the moment. Not all of these things are crucial, but customization is key IMO and Comish powers must span a wide range of things, especially block control, owner removal, game result manipulation etc... etc...

I stress the game result manipulation thing because in MLB the show you can have a 0-0 game in the 4th inning and a lot of times if a disconnect happens one of the owners is awarded a W... which is crazy.

I'd actually love to see an auto save feature that saves the game state after each play. I can't imagine that being too difficult. If a game is disconnected then you can simply resume from where you left off.

I also am big on the web integration thing.... I truly think that EVERYTHING should be controlled from a website, with maybe some skelleton options in the league lobby within the game... where you can challenge owners, and probably not much more.

Thoughts?

Sounds good but anything in red is a HUGE NO! No one should have so much power! Def not in the draft! in game might be okay if there is a way to review the reason for the reversal or change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Sounds good but anything in red is a HUGE NO! No one should have so much power! Def not in the draft! in game might be okay if there is a way to review the reason for the reversal or change.
There are alot of legit reasons for those powers. If you don't like them don't use them.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Quite the opposite, they are a huge MUST!

What happens if you are in the 3d qtr, its a tie game and you get disconnected, and your opponent is awarded the victory? Wouldn't you want the game to be replayed? What if you couldn't like in MLB The Show.. would you be ok with that result sticking?

What happens if you your opponent for week 3 goes MIA... wouldn't you want to be awarded a victory if another replacement owner is not found in time? It would make life much easier for the comish if he has the power to modify the result of a game or detrmine the outcome of a simulated game.

These are obsitcales we've had to deal with constantly, and those two simple options would've made life 10000000% easier for the league.

Your concern is an unjust comish, but you wouldn't want to be in a league with that type of comish anyway.

As far as the draft, full control needs to be there as well. Sometimes a wrong pick is made by accident... what if you accidently picked a PUnter in the first round because you made a wrong click, wouldn't you want the comish to have the ability to undo that pick because you made a simple mistake? Your entire draft would be ruined because you used your 1st round pick on a punter... then you might be inclined to quit... etc..etc...

The legit reasons for these options greatly outweigh your concerns IMO.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Quite the opposite, they are a huge MUST!

What happens if you are in the 3d qtr, its a tie game and you get disconnected, and your opponent is awarded the victory? Wouldn't you want the game to be replayed? What if you couldn't like in MLB The Show.. would you be ok with that result sticking?

What happens if you your opponent for week 3 goes MIA... wouldn't you want to be awarded a victory if another replacement owner is not found in time? It would make life much easier for the comish if he has the power to modify the result of a game or detrmine the outcome of a simulated game.

These are obsitcales we've had to deal with constantly, and those two simple options would've made life 10000000% easier for the league.

Your concern is an unjust comish, but you wouldn't want to be in a league with that type of comish anyway.

As far as the draft, full control needs to be there as well. Sometimes a wrong pick is made by accident... what if you accidently picked a PUnter in the first round because you made a wrong click, wouldn't you want the comish to have the ability to undo that pick because you made a simple mistake? Your entire draft would be ruined because you used your 1st round pick on a punter... then you might be inclined to quit... etc..etc...

The legit reasons for these options greatly outweigh your concerns IMO.
Just ask the guy to quit and play the game over again
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Just ask the guy to quit and play the game over again
What happens if you are both disconnected?

I'm using MLB the Show as an example here. Currently in that game, if both players are disconnected (I don't even think if it has an option for only one player to be disconnected) then the computer seems to randomly select a winner if the score is tied... its very strange.

My ultimate solution to this would be if Madden saved the game after each play is complete, like an auto save... then in case of a disco the users would have an option to resume.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
What happens if you are both disconnected?

I'm using MLB the Show as an example here. Currently in that game, if both players are disconnected (I don't even think if it has an option for only one player to be disconnected) then the computer seems to randomly select a winner if the score is tied... its very strange.

My ultimate solution to this would be if Madden saved the game after each play is complete, like an auto save... then in case of a disco the users would have an option to resume.
You make some good points... But then shouldn't we also have an option where the owners can vote the current comish out and a new one in if powers are being misused? Owners do have that power in real life. The comish is just there to oversee things... Mater of fact... Rules and what not should be voted on yearly by the owners and game to game choices should be made by the comish. Eventualy it would be cool to have a players association as well. Just some things to do in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »