Home

Madden Franchise stats

This is a discussion on Madden Franchise stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Franchise stats

I think he means why dont guys like DeMarcus Ware get 20 sacks in Madden.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
No picking on the New Guy.

He might go PPcccchhtt on your ***
TIGER CLAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

He means that in franchise mode, since the 3-4 defense in the game is not playing properly, the OLBs do not get the proper sack counts that they are suppose to. Instead the 3-4 DE get these sack counts. Which is entirely unrealistic because they consume blockers rather than rush the passer.

I had a season where Vince Wilfork got 8 sacks and Adalius Thomas had only 3.

This doesn't happen once, but almost every season in franchise for me. Its SUPER annoying. A 3-4 NT SHOULD NOT BE GETTING 8 SACKS IN A SEASON.

Last edited by DreaIVIS; 05-07-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #12
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

There are a few areas where stat generation in franchise is kind of off. 2nd running backs (and third, in the case of the Giants) never really perform as well as they do on teams that have multiple good ones. Only the top rated receiver on a given team, barring injury, has a chance to have over 1,000 yards. 3rd receivers rarely eclipse 400. Top receiving TEs don't perform the way they should. There are almost 0 fumbles in simulation, or at least that's how it seemed to play out for me.

In game stat recording is off too. Running backs frequently get stiffed a yard here and there every other run or so because of fractional yards getting cut off. I've mentioned a lot of this before, and hopefully it will get addressed because it goes a long way to making franchise feel authentic, but there are also more important aspects of franchise that still haven't been fixed as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #13
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm hoping for major improvements in the User pass rush for M10.

In my experience anyway...the User team pass rush was pathetic. Seems I couldn't generate decent pressure on the cpu QB no matter what. As an example...with my one and only franchise season playing as the Vikings, Jared Allen got 3 sacks. And that probably represented the total number of times he even got close to the cpu QB. With the O-Line/D-Line getting the needed attention this year, I'm hoping for much better results with pass pressure.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm hoping for major improvements in the User pass rush for M10.

In my experience anyway...the User team pass rush was pathetic. Seems I couldn't generate decent pressure on the cpu QB no matter what. As an example...with my one and only franchise season playing as the Vikings, Jared Allen got 3 sacks. And that probably represented the total number of times he even got close to the cpu QB. With the O-Line/D-Line getting the needed attention this year, I'm hoping for much better results with pass pressure.
i agree, there needs to be more control over the DL. Someone started a thread about this and someone mentioned using the RT Thumb Stick to control the DE/DT. Rotating it in different ways will make the DE do a different move.

As a Giants fan, nothing bothers me more then not getting to the QB in a matter of seconds when i have arguably the best DL in the NFL. Tuck and Osi should be getting around the corner in a matter of seconds causing the QB to step up right into big Freddie Robbins.

But isnt there double teams now on the OL? Now that the OL double teams the elite players, it will open up other holes for other players. With this, the 3-4 defenses will finally have an impact. The OL will finally double team the big NT. But yea, there should be more user control over the DL.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Another thing that he may be mentioning is how in real life unlike in madden 3-4 OLBs and 4-3 DEs are always at the top of the league in sacks. In madden it seems to go the other way.
This is exactly what i mean (also i HATE when my 3-4 DEs (ty warren) leads the NFL with 15 sacks).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »