Home

Problem in Every Defense

This is a discussion on Problem in Every Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #41
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Problem in Every Defense

WOOOOOOOO! i remember that hit.
Also in madden when u assign a LB to blitz for some reason he decides to line up where the nickle corner lines up.....F'N Hate that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

But if the linebackers are that far off the line then how will EA code it so that they get vacuumed into the offensive linemen without the visuals looking very cheesy???

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #43
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But if the linebackers are that far off the line then how will EA code it so that they get vacuumed into the offensive linemen without the visuals looking very cheesy???
Great question, deserves it's own thread
Old 05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Yes plzkthx
lol, thanks for the feedback. There's no reason not to add this to Madden.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
lol, thanks for the feedback. There's no reason not to add this to Madden.
I really want the shells, man. That would be huge. Also a way to bring the safety into the box on any formation without having all the linebackers in gaps. An 8-man front without showing blitz.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 9

LBz,

I agree that the MLB should be deeper, I'm just not sure about the OLB is all.

One of the issues with alignment is that teams aren't limited in how they can attack. In real life you rarely see zone teams that also have a powerful down hill game. You rarely see spread passing teams that can lineup and downblock.

You also don't have the ability to change the depth based on situations. 3rd and 9 I want my MLB playing 7 yards if he has deep middle (Cover 2 style), 3rd and 1 I want him inching closer.

This is something I don't think we can judge until we see how it works to be honest. I doubt we see RB's really filling then bailing (though, I wish we would) because they don't truly fill a gap as it is.

We play the 4-3, but our Mikes toes are at 3.5 yards most weeks mainly because we see a ton of trap. Against a few teams that like to hit the edges we back him up to 5.

What worries me is creating the wrong solution. LB play is broken because their logic is broken. Backing them up a yard doesn't fix the logic.

Now, backing them up should help against the pass and hopefully end the suction run blocks. I'm just worried about causing new problems (That is, making the quick running game too powerful, making the blitzes ineffective and so forth).
Old 05-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
LBz,

I agree that the MLB should be deeper, I'm just not sure about the OLB is all.

One of the issues with alignment is that teams aren't limited in how they can attack. In real life you rarely see zone teams that also have a powerful down hill game. You rarely see spread passing teams that can lineup and downblock.

You also don't have the ability to change the depth based on situations. 3rd and 9 I want my MLB playing 7 yards if he has deep middle (Cover 2 style), 3rd and 1 I want him inching closer.

This is something I don't think we can judge until we see how it works to be honest. I doubt we see RB's really filling then bailing (though, I wish we would) because they don't truly fill a gap as it is.

We play the 4-3, but our Mikes toes are at 3.5 yards most weeks mainly because we see a ton of trap. Against a few teams that like to hit the edges we back him up to 5.

What worries me is creating the wrong solution. LB play is broken because their logic is broken. Backing them up a yard doesn't fix the logic.

Now, backing them up should help against the pass and hopefully end the suction run blocks. I'm just worried about causing new problems (That is, making the quick running game too powerful, making the blitzes ineffective and so forth).
Ohh we agree then. I was only concerned with ILB's and the MLB. My idea of backing them up is to allow them to get them to run downhill quickly though. Right now they don't run downhill. They just sorta take a step and stand there to wait to see what's happening. By backing them up they can keep moving instead of stopping and waiting.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ohh we agree then. I was only concerned with ILB's and the MLB. My idea of backing them up is to allow them to get them to run downhill quickly though. Right now they don't run downhill. They just sorta take a step and stand there to wait to see what's happening. By backing them up they can keep moving instead of stopping and waiting.
Clever how you avoid commenting on my post. I know it's your pet peeve.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »