Home

Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

This is a discussion on Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Truthfully, if they didn't listen to us, and put out tweaked versions of the same ol' stuff, they would still sell about a gatrillion copies.
With this probably being true, don't you think that shows that they should get more respect than they do for being here??

They come here because they like the feedback most of the posters here give and they want to make a realistic football game.

I still don't understand the flack they get from some here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
??? Did I ever say it was?

Why are you attacking me on this one?
Not attacking Ian/you. Please accept my apology if you believe so. Just stating the fact why these forums have so much neg. feedback and hoping u understand due to the fact the past efforts are just not up to par. Additionally, some of us are reluctant to believe because of the great hype machine perfected by EA.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Truthfully, if they didn't listen to us, and put out tweaked versions of the same ol' stuff, they would still sell about a gatrillion copies.
Exatcly why I dont understand the haters hating so hard. They dont have to come here at all to sell copies. They are here to hopfully get solid/good feedback but without getting hassled in the mean time. I mean is that to much to ask?

Why people are crying so hard when 1)they are a new develpement team. 2) they are here showing that they care. 3) already have a build better than anything madden has ever put out. 4) ITS ONLY MAY.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
lan lets call a spade a spade, folks are upset or desire more due to the fact everything EA is doing is basically late. We have seen all of what you are currently doing and attempting to do in the other football game. The football gaming experience produced is just not what we desire. We are demanding more per the amount of money EA makes off the the title and the fact you bought the rights to prevent any competitors. Is that wrong for us to ask???
That was a little over the top. Ian has been giving us a lot of the stuff we desire. He has been implementing things that have been suggested here multiple times, so I don't think it's fair to say that what's produced is not what we desire. Plus, you don't speak for everyone. Madden 10 is going to be way better than Madden has been in the past.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Taking the good with the bad is part of the software business. That's the best and worst thing about making software, it's never finished, never easy and never perfect. I'm a developer for a large company, and we are constantly working with our customers... Yes, even us developers. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've been called. I've seen blogs posted about how ****ty some of the stuff I've written is. However, I've also had a lot more good come my way than bad. Ultimately, the consumers are the ones who are keeping you employed. You can't get too attached to something that you've built or created because YOU think it's the bomb. It only matters what the customer thinks. The other thing is that you can't please everybody. That being said, the developers DO have to have thick skin. Especially in this case because EA is the only company that can make an NFL game so consumers have no choice if they want to play NFL football. EA had to know they were going to catch a lot of flack for sub par games and that is exactly what happened. When people come on here and sling mud, it's not because they really want to insult someone, it's because they are passionate about this expensive product and they want it to be worthwhile. Regardless of how it comes across, that is a good thing for EA and is what has made the company millions.

I've been very critical of Madden for years now especially since I lost my 2k football after the exclusive deal went down, and rightfully so. Let's face it, the game has been pretty bad for years now. However, you have to give credit where credit is due. There is no way you can question the work ethic and the effort of Ian, Phil and their team for Madden 10. Even if the game ends up being ****, it wasn't because they didn't care or didn't try as hard as they can. So try to separate questioning the effort and passion of the developers from the quality of the product. There are also other factors. Developers and management don't exactly see eye to eye on things. Management is all about bottom line and $$$. Developers tend to be more passionate and about quality and coolness. It's a tough battle that management ends up winning most of the time. After all, you have a tight schedule and you need to limit costs.

So, before you post and rip into one of the developers, think twice. Rip into the product if it deserves it, but don't rip into the people working to create it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Taking the good with the bad is part of the software business. That's the best and worst thing about making software, it's never finished, never easy and never perfect. I'm a developer for a large company, and we are constantly working with our customers... Yes, even us developers. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've been called. I've seen blogs posted about how ****ty some of the stuff I've written is. However, I've also had a lot more good come my way than bad. Ultimately, the consumers are the ones who are keeping you employed. You can't get too attached to something that you've built or created because YOU think it's the bomb. It only matters what the customer thinks. The other thing is that you can't please everybody. That being said, the developers DO have to have thick skin. Especially in this case because EA is the only company that can make an NFL game so consumers have no choice if they want to play NFL football. EA had to know they were going to catch a lot of flack for sub par games and that is exactly what happened. When people come on here and sling mud, it's not because they really want to insult someone, it's because they are passionate about this expensive product and they want it to be worthwhile. Regardless of how it comes across, that is a good thing for EA and is what has made the company millions.

I've been very critical of Madden for years now especially since I lost my 2k football after the exclusive deal went down, and rightfully so. Let's face it, the game has been pretty bad for years now. However, you have to give credit where credit is due. There is no way you can question the work ethic and the effort of Ian, Phil and their team for Madden 10. Even if the game ends up being ****, it wasn't because they didn't care or didn't try as hard as they can. So try to separate questioning the effort and passion of the developers from the quality of the product. There are also other factors. Developers and management don't exactly see eye to eye on things. Management is all about bottom line and $$$. Developers tend to be more passionate and about quality and coolness. It's a tough battle that management ends up winning most of the time. After all, you have a tight schedule and you need to limit costs.

So, before you post and rip into one of the developers, think twice. Rip into the product if it deserves it, but don't rip into the people working to create it.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #47
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

We are so lucky that these guys come in here. The guys over at the PC Madden site would probably faint if someone from EA came in to see what they think. I am utterly impressed by the fact that these guys even come here. They get paid anyway, and the game will sell a batrillion copies whether or not they change cleats, replays, vison cone or any of that stuff.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ian,
If you don't want to say anything negative about a former co-worker I understand totally, but if you can elabote even a little bit.......what exactly do you think David Ortiz was doing with Madden on ng systems? It was such a departure from what everyone was used to, with the game engine, mechanics, and the cutting out of so many features from older versions. I could just never get a rational explanatuion into my head about his vision of the game, other than that he really mis-read his audience, or was simply lazy. Any thoughts on this? Like I said though, not wanting to talk about this is understood 100%

PS: as a cheap off the subject thing...please put man lock on or off back into the game. Its nearly impossible to disguise man or zone defense without it.

Last edited by deloz; 05-07-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »