Home

Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

This is a discussion on Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Exatcly why I dont understand the haters hating so hard. They dont have to come here at all to sell copies. They are here to hopfully get solid/good feedback but without getting hassled in the mean time. I mean is that to much to ask?

Why people are crying so hard when 1)they are a new develpement team. 2) they are here showing that they care. 3) already have a build better than anything madden has ever put out. 4) ITS ONLY MAY.
I beg to differ. They were on the forums last year and we all know the results of Madden 09. Marketing 101. In order to maximize your exposure/money received, you have to create new marketing strategies . Yes they will sell a lot of copies without the forums, but if you supposedly open yourself to the public eye receiving suggestions and boosting new features you sell more copies than if not done. Madden 09 hype/sales roared mainly due to the interaction of the EA staff on the forums. Did that change the game play? I look at all of this as hype/marketing. Bottom-line.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 AM   #50
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details

Most of the interaction here is healthy, informative, and entertaining. I say lighten up.
I agree Details.

I'm no internet Madden forum expert. But I doubt any dev team would find a more knowledgeable and respectful board to interact on. The Mods...and more importantly, the members have made sure of that.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #51
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Constructive criticism?

I understand the pounding on these boards can take a toll on someone who works on these game.
Inturn, I would hope that those who work on the games understand the frustration from gameplayers.

Seeing what SCEA has done with MLB The Show has left no excuses. The bar has been raised.
Anything less is below average.

Spot on Gameplay is the #1 request from gameplayers.

NFL Head Coach 09 set the bar and it's future possiblities for a NFL Franchise Mode. I expect many things from H.C. offseason to be in Madden 10!

The Show in three years has taken 3 giant steps. In all three years these two areas were improved every year. They did not sacrifice one for the other.

Again, EA's NFL Head Coach 09 set a standard in developer and Gameplayer interaction. Looman talked how they listened and read about ideas on the forums. The feedback on bothsides was positive and impressive.

"Everything you see on Sunday" "If it's in the game, It's in the game" If your gonna talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk.

Improving Gameplay and a deep Franchise mode is what I am looking for from Madden 10!

I already have my game on pre-order. We'll see.................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #52
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Alot of these haters are what are driving these guys insane. I think they are doing a great job on madden 10. I have no complaints aleast for now. Until get the game and try it out. But so Ian and company is doing such a great job.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
I beg to differ. They were on the forums last year and we all know the results of Madden 09. Marketing 101. In order to maximize your exposure/money received, you have to create new marketing strategies . Yes they will sell a lot of copies without the forums, but if you supposedly open yourself to the public eye receiving suggestions and boosting new features you sell more copies than if not done. Madden 09 hype/sales roared mainly due to the interaction of the EA staff on the forums. Did that change the game play? I look at all of this as hype/marketing. Bottom-line.
Didn't Ian only start coming here right before release when there wasn't much he could do?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt till next year... after this all bets are off.

Just to see a development team interact with consumers makes me happy... I wish we could do the same sometimes where I work.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #54
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
Ian,
If you don't want to say anything negative about a former co-worker I understand totally, but if you can elabote even a little bit.......what exactly do you think David Ortiz was doing with Madden on ng systems? It was such a departure from what everyone was used to, with the game engine, mechanics, and the cutting out of so many features from older versions. I could just never get a rational explanatuion into my head about his vision of the game, other than that he really mis-read his audience, or was simply lazy. Any thoughts on this? Like I said though, not wanting to talk about this is understood 100%

PS: as a cheap off the subjuct thing...please put man lock on or off back into the game. Its nearly impossible to disguise man or zone defense without it.
david ortiz, some of my favorite quotes from him

we are taking out all cutscenes this year to streamline presentation and kee the game moving

we really got twitch gameplay down this year, now users have that full joystick type control they have been asking for

you guys wouldnt understand

our player models are really sexy this year

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Facial system is pretty cool. I noticed it in the CD build. When I laid a huge hit on Chester Taylor causing him to fumble. I went to replay and saw his face brace for impact. Then when the collision occurred it was sorta like 2k8, his eyes got big and his mouth opened like he got the wind knocked out of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
That was a little over the top. Ian has been giving us a lot of the stuff we desire. He has been implementing things that have been suggested here multiple times, so I don't think it's fair to say that what's produced is not what we desire. Plus, you don't speak for everyone. Madden 10 is going to be way better than Madden has been in the past.
Madden 10 is going to be way better than Madden has been in the past????? Remains to be seen and I sure hope so. But from the looks of what has been seen, naaaaaa. And saying it is better than the past is not saying much.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »