Home

Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

This is a discussion on Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 AM   #57
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Post by EA Dev "Anim8or" regarding changes to M10 ...

Well we're not going to get anywhere if we hide our true feelings about something.

But I don't want to see us waste time B***** at each other about useless nonsense while we could be using our energy to make the game better with good feedback

There will be plenty of time for those type of fights(Did it live up) after the game ships.

Lets make the most of what we got

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10

the animations overall need to be changed to look more natural. The players feel too stiff right now. The jerking animation is something that has plagued madden and other EA sports games (ex. NBA Live) for years on next-gen.

It seems that EA will never get up to the smoothness and non jerkiness of 2ksports (ex. NBA 2k series, which is as smooth as butter).
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #59

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Madden 10 is going to be way better than Madden has been in the past????? Remains to be seen and I sure hope so. But from the looks of what has been seen, naaaaaa. And saying it is better than the past is not saying much.
Please explain?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #60
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I appreciate all of the work that is being done but I have to admit, I was one of those guys who cringed at the first teaser video. Many people ask, "what were you expecting?" and my first answer has to be "smoother animations that would have made this game look more like football and less like Madden".

With that said, pro tak is going to make such a difference in making this game look more like what we see on Sundays, but if the gang tackle involves nine robots, I won't be so impressed.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
david ortiz, some of my favorite quotes from him

we are taking out all cutscenes this year to streamline presentation and kee the game moving

we really got twitch gameplay down this year, now users have that full joystick type control they have been asking for

you guys wouldnt understand

our player models are really sexy this year
LOL, He's the suckiest suck who ever sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
I beg to differ. They were on the forums last year and we all know the results of Madden 09. Marketing 101. In order to maximize your exposure/money received, you have to create new marketing strategies . Yes they will sell a lot of copies without the forums, but if you supposedly open yourself to the public eye receiving suggestions and boosting new features you sell more copies than if not done. Madden 09 hype/sales roared mainly due to the interaction of the EA staff on the forums. Did that change the game play? I look at all of this as hype/marketing. Bottom-line.
Big difference, Ian wasn't in charge at the time.

Now he is and from day 1 he said he's not here for the hype.

Have you been led to believe otherwise? If so, please share.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Facial system is pretty cool. I noticed it in the CD build. When I laid a huge hit on Chester Taylor causing him to fumble. I went to replay and saw his face brace for impact. Then when the collision occurred it was sorta like 2k8, his eyes got big and his mouth opened like he got the wind knocked out of him.
*drool*
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #64
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Sounds like amazing stuff. My only wish is that he loosen up a bit and not take everything so personally. Kinda like how Ian takes a lot of sh^t from our more boisterous population, but that doesn't stop him from posting every week.
Dude I wish you were there that day. These guys were going at him with the personal attacks, and he had a reason to be upset. When guys start questioning whether or not you take pride in your work, when you know you're busting your *** to do something...it would get under your skin too. Just sayin'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »