Home

Just because a RB gets grabbed high does'nt mean the RB can't then be Grabbed low

This is a discussion on Just because a RB gets grabbed high does'nt mean the RB can't then be Grabbed low within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 22
Just because a RB gets grabbed high does'nt mean the RB can't then be Grabbed low

There are many combinations of things that can happen during a tackle in real life. If a ballcarrier gets hit and grabbed high by a would be tackler it does'nt mean that the same would be tackler or another tackler for that matter can't then grab the ballcarrier low by the legs. I just would hate to see a Images of Grown Men Having a Hugging Marathon August 14

Like I said before Pro Tak has a lot of potential and can be the future standard for all football games or any sports videogame which is truly my hope , but it has to be done right. If it is I will give credit to EA to the upmost here and on Truth Chasers for finally getting it right

Last edited by apexbronx; 05-07-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Just because a RB gets grabbed high does'nt mean the RB can't then be Grabbed low

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
There are many combinations of things that can happen during a tackle in real life. If a ballcarrier gets hit and grabbed high by a would be tackler it does'nt mean that the same would be tackler or another tackler for that matter can't then grab the ballcarrier low by the legs. I just would hate to see a Images of Grown Men Having a Hugging Marathon August 14

Like I said before Pro Tak has a lot of potential and can be the future standard for all football games or any sports videogame which is truly my hope , but it has to be done right. If it is I will give credit to EA to the upmost here and on Truth Chasers for finally getting it right
Some of the vids actually show defenders coming in and taking the ball carrier down. I agree the initial videos had a lot of stand up and dance kinda stuff, mostly the first trailer. But I am pretty sure they will put in enough variety into the interaction. I just hope that the animation selection reflects a proper observance of physics.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Just because a RB gets grabbed high does'nt mean the RB can't then be Grabbed low

I think Ian knows what he is doing. Just chill out until you see more video of the tackling ok. It ain't no big problem.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I think Ian knows what he is doing. Just chill out until you see more video of the tackling ok. It ain't no big problem.
Yea, most of the videos that were shown were from earlier builds. Ian said that they are still trying to fix the bugs in the Pro-Tak system.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast

yep lol people think theyre the first to see a problem with stuff or that Ian might mess up, trust me, if i was gettin paid not to make another dissapointing madden and so much was on the line, i damn sure wouldnt have some glaring gproblem like a pile of grown men having a muddy orgy in the middle of the field lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

I kno everyone has expectations but I believe IMMHO ( In My Most Humble Opinion) that this Madden crew will meet and exceed most....now having said that some ppl will never be satified....but this crew is leaps and bounds above any other....point blank period....no video game in our human cycle will ever be perfect but all (hopefully) will strive for perfection....remember tha game isnt complete....hell there's gonna be a demo correct if you dont like the demo dont buy it
Old 05-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
lol. for real tho...it could end up looking like a rugby scrum
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

First Look!!! Madden '11. Protak introduces 15 man gang tackles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »