Home

What features would you add with multi-tasking enabled in Madden?

This is a discussion on What features would you add with multi-tasking enabled in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What features would you add with multi-tasking enabled in Madden?

We are all familiar and used to multi-tasking on our computer systems. What if the Madden menu system was more like a real operating system and you could multi-task? What features would be possible?

Here's some ideas off the top of my head:

- As mentioned in this thread, you could allow background uploading of video replays to EASportsWorld.

- You could advance a franchise mode session in the background (thinking that franchise would operate more like Head Coach '09 did, like how SimCity operates) while you do other things around the game, like practice, or set audibles/preferences/etc, or even run a SuperStar at the same time, or check stats in an online league.

-You could be running a practice mode, then pop out, reconfigure your audibles, and continue practicing with your new audibles without having to load and reload all over the place.

what else can you guys think of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What features would you add with multi-tasking enabled in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
-You could be running a practice mode, then pop out, reconfigure your audibles, and continue practicing with your new audibles without having to load and reload all over the place.
+1
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the biggest benefit would be the stability of using an asynchronous/multi-process system. I bet it would reduce a whole lot of game freezes.

also, another idea would be that they could integrate the friends list (I'm a PS3 user, so X360 users chime in for your platform) and have that up and running at all times, sort of how it's done already with the XMB, but have it more integrated into the madden menu system/platform. not sure how much more benefit this provides beyond the XMB friends list though.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

That sounds amazing, but the process power and ram required to do that is huge, especially when the consoles only 512mb of embedded memory
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd love to be able to do two things that you kinda mentioned.

1. Upload highlights while doing something else. Uploading highlights takes too long, and while it was a great feature, I found myself not wanting to really do it after a while cause it just took too damn long.

If that process could someohow be put into the background that would be great.

2. The ability to change a playbook during practice mode... I hate that I have to exit practice mode to change a playbook... its very frustrating. Practice mode should be where you go to try out different play books, so it would seem natural to give the ability to swap it out without having to exit and re-enter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »