Home

PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

This is a discussion on PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

I think I would only by the PC version if Next Gen Madden still sucks!

As some others here have said PC/PS2 Gameplay is so much better then next gen PS3/Xbox 360!!!!!!!!!!

Its really sad how bad Next gen gameplay is compared to last gen

I am really hoping Madden 10 changes all that but I am not counting on it

Last edited by mike75; 05-07-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6

true pirating im sure is a huge reason for them not saying or backing out of what was said a while ago about there return as well as the economic disaster.
they want to maximize there prophets but the good news is that sweden changed there laws and shut down the servers that were caring the illegal file links. they even did a study and it showed a decrease in 66 percent of file transfers after day 1 of the new law
i myself buy all my games.

what makes me mad as a consumer is that i had a nice computer that i had 3k into it after i was told no more pc sports i sold it and bought xbox360 then when i herd of there return and that they were going to expand things i got excited re built me another pc this time i went all out thinking i was finally going to get next gen graphics on my pc only to be hugley disapointed again by this company.

but at least 2k sports entered the market the baseball game is fun im sure next year it will be alot better the basketball is awesome and soon we will have hockey wich i hope is good and with backbreaker eventually being released on pc as well i herd it will totally be modable so no need for the nfl license all my needs will be filled.
they will have a hard time ever returning to the pc market since they shafted so many. just think of it this way if they would have bought out TAKE2 when they attempted it EA sports might have filled bankruptcy and went under so im sure there clicking there heels and saying shew im glad we didnt get ourself in more debt considering the loss in sales across the whole board they got lucky this time.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast1e
Plain and simple, this is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Business speaking, it simply doesn't make sense. It would only give customers, who would have otherwise paid for the game, an opportunity to download it illegally. For all intents and purposes, the pirated version would steal business from Madden 10.

Spore was the most pirate-proof game of all time at its launch date. It is also the most-pirated game of all time. Currently, the only way to pirate-proof a game is to put it on a gaming console.
You have no idea what your talking about. Xbox 360 games can be pirated as well. So nothing is "pirate proof". PC gamers deserve Madden 10 on PC those of us that would purchase it have done nothing wrong. They are more legit PC gamers than pirates. Pirates make up a fraction of the PC gaming market, the majority of PC gamers aren't that computer savvy and wouldn't know the first thing about downloading games illegally. Just because you have a few bad apples doesn't mean you should ignore an entire platform.

Those like me who are adults and sometimes have to move around for occupational purposes can't carry around a console everywhere we go. I'm a grown man for god sake, but I always have my laptop so when there's down time I can get my Madden on. Me and millions of others wouldn't mind paying for this luxury of playing next-gen Madden on PC.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsru99
I've added custom intro, quarter, stadium music and touchdown music to my game. Others have custom playbooks, custom menu art, custom cutscene pictures, etc..

We can write our own scouting comments into the game. We can do a ton of things with draft classes. We can change a lot of the in-game graphics.

There is a whole lot more going on than just Textmod.

As for 'gameplay'... I've played '09 on a console and I'll take the '08 PC version anyday over that crap. The game play by itself is much better, let alone the ability to tweak sliders, global player edits, etc...
Wow. I just learned something too! Can you email me a link or details on how to edit in custom plans for Franchise Mode online games?

You are so right. I just laugh when I read the guys that have never played anything but console smack us PC users. They have no idea what they are missing. I've played PS3 and Xbox and still prefer PC by far, not even close.

Last edited by DOLFANMIKE; 05-07-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast1e
Plain and simple, this is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Business speaking, it simply doesn't make sense. It would only give customers, who would have otherwise paid for the game, an opportunity to download it illegally. For all intents and purposes, the pirated version would steal business from Madden 10.

Spore was the most pirate-proof game of all time at its launch date. It is also the most-pirated game of all time. Currently, the only way to pirate-proof a game is to put it on a gaming console.
You think the others are "pirate proof" huh. LOL

UH..... NO they are not. Especially the stuff before PS3. It's just EASIER to pirate PC.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_05
You have no idea what your talking about. Xbox 360 games can be pirated as well. So nothing is "pirate proof". PC gamers deserve Madden 10 on PC those of us that would purchase it have done nothing wrong. They are more legit PC gamers than pirates. Pirates make up a fraction of the PC gaming market, the majority of PC gamers aren't that computer savvy and wouldn't know the first thing about downloading games illegally. Just because you have a few bad apples doesn't mean you should ignore an entire platform.

Those like me who are adults and sometimes have to move around for occupational purposes can't carry around a console everywhere we go. I'm a grown man for god sake, but I always have my laptop so when there's down time I can get my Madden on. Me and millions of others wouldn't mind paying for this luxury of playing next-gen Madden on PC.
2K sports is already interviewing developers for a new attempt at online PC football. Should be out in 2011 or 2012...
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
2K sports is already interviewing developers for a new attempt at online PC football. Should be out in 2011 or 2012...
Source?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_05
Source?
No announcement! A friend was invited to interview on the 2k development team up in San Francisco in the upcoming months.

He's been involved in other game development teams in the past. He reads these boards and can respond if he wants to...

Last edited by DOLFANMIKE; 05-07-2009 at 04:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »