Home

PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

This is a discussion on PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Nope. It magically appears on my computer.
What's your deal, anyway? You seem almost militantly against Madden PC.

360 gamers outside the USA should just hope that EA don't decide to do away with PAL copies of Madden console one day like they did with the PC version. Of course, the ironic thing then would be the fact a region free PC version would be the answer, hence why Madden PC online communities tend to be filled with people outside the USA.

Last edited by Nza; 05-08-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #50
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

As for the thread question, yes I would buy it, and there are easy ways to ensure more people would than before.

Madden 05 PC to 08 PC changed quite little. Was it necessary to release 4 PC versions in that time span with so little in the way of significant improvements and changes? While I dispute any claim Madden PC cost EA much to make each year, there are still significant unnecessary costs involved there.

Instead, what EA need to do is simply invest a little time and effort into making Madden PC a standalone title that isn't released yearly. Base it off the 360 version, but tweak it a bit, add new bells and whistles that mean it can take advantage of high end PC's graphically, and boost the online features with a BIG emphasis towards online leagues.

Make a subscription service. For a reasonable price per year, allow someone to become a Commish for an online league. If all the league management can be done in-game, then this may end up being cheaper than the hosting and software involved with running current Madden leagues anyway.

Since the title isn't a yearly release, there is no major yearly dev costs. To keep the game updated, release free roster updates (which should be as easy as running 360 rosters through a data conversion tool), and every so often release download packs for new additions to the game, free or otherwise.

Unless EA plan to make a MMO Madden, there's no way piracy will be eliminated. But at least update the protection method before calling it quits on PC - Madden 08 PC has a CD key, and that's it. Stop short of intrusive methods, but online activation and other methods can make it a hassle to pirate.

There are so many ways EA can improve how they approach PC and so many revenue streams they are untapping. The most successful PC titles are ones which promote community development, and offer features only the PC can properly provide. Games like Spore. Of course, Madden PC will never be as popular as Spore, but then it would only be a fraction of the project size and cost to at least try and do right.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 6

you know i had 200 names on my yahoo with all madden 08 pc players, i was a commish for a site and had the most fun ever during that time period. because you deal with grips you chat with all the players in your league and adding real draft classes make the game have great replay.

not to mention the fact you can grow your players from 70 plus ratings to superstars and look online at how well you do stat wise have your own team page then once you take control of your franchise like me i would trade all my vets stockpile draft picks take a beating in year 1 then by year 3 dominate cause i have all young studs.
with next gen football on a console your very limited in the experience you can have besides the fact the gameplay has been horrific compaired to a ps2 port.

and they all say its time consuming to port it over lol have you ever seen there comunity days were they test the game its not on a xbox360 its a pc there using to test on. lets face it the company spit in ur face and im hoping another makes a pc game

if that rumor of 2k making a football game for pc is true ea sports is dead and will never be able to return to pc market. 2k sports games for pc are mod friendly no need for nfl license the comunity will mod it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
As for the thread question, yes I would buy it, and there are easy ways to ensure more people would than before.

Madden 05 PC to 08 PC changed quite little. Was it necessary to release 4 PC versions in that time span with so little in the way of significant improvements and changes? While I dispute any claim Madden PC cost EA much to make each year, there are still significant unnecessary costs involved there.

Instead, what EA need to do is simply invest a little time and effort into making Madden PC a standalone title that isn't released yearly. Base it off the 360 version, but tweak it a bit, add new bells and whistles that mean it can take advantage of high end PC's graphically, and boost the online features with a BIG emphasis towards online leagues.

Make a subscription service. For a reasonable price per year, allow someone to become a Commish for an online league. If all the league management can be done in-game, then this may end up being cheaper than the hosting and software involved with running current Madden leagues anyway.

Since the title isn't a yearly release, there is no major yearly dev costs. To keep the game updated, release free roster updates (which should be as easy as running 360 rosters through a data conversion tool), and every so often release download packs for new additions to the game, free or otherwise.

Unless EA plan to make a MMO Madden, there's no way piracy will be eliminated. But at least update the protection method before calling it quits on PC - Madden 08 PC has a CD key, and that's it. Stop short of intrusive methods, but online activation and other methods can make it a hassle to pirate.

There are so many ways EA can improve how they approach PC and so many revenue streams they are untapping. The most successful PC titles are ones which promote community development, and offer features only the PC can properly provide. Games like Spore. Of course, Madden PC will never be as popular as Spore, but then it would only be a fraction of the project size and cost to at least try and do right.
I'm arden05, and I approve this message. Paid for by the supporters of Madden PC

Seriously though, this is exactly what needs to be done. We don't need Madden PC every year. Just every 2 or 3 years. As stated above just provide feature and roster updates via patches etc. Great points made above, by far the best argument as to why we deserve Madden PC this year. We are now 2 years removed, I think it time for a new one. Then after another 2 or 3 years make another one.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
What's your deal, anyway? You seem almost militantly against Madden PC.

360 gamers outside the USA should just hope that EA don't decide to do away with PAL copies of Madden console one day like they did with the PC version. Of course, the ironic thing then would be the fact a region free PC version would be the answer, hence why Madden PC online communities tend to be filled with people outside the USA.
He has PC envy.

Anyhow, well put on the rest of your post. By far the longest lasting leagues, most mature coaches, and best online league experiences are found in PC leagues. I don't know anyone that has done both that would say otherwise.

Last edited by DOLFANMIKE; 05-08-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrob
you know i had 200 names on my yahoo with all madden 08 pc players, i was a commish for a site and had the most fun ever during that time period. because you deal with grips you chat with all the players in your league and adding real draft classes make the game have great replay.

not to mention the fact you can grow your players from 70 plus ratings to superstars and look online at how well you do stat wise have your own team page then once you take control of your franchise like me i would trade all my vets stockpile draft picks take a beating in year 1 then by year 3 dominate cause i have all young studs.
with next gen football on a console your very limited in the experience you can have besides the fact the gameplay has been horrific compaired to a ps2 port.

and they all say its time consuming to port it over lol have you ever seen there comunity days were they test the game its not on a xbox360 its a pc there using to test on. lets face it the company spit in ur face and im hoping another makes a pc game

if that rumor of 2k making a football game for pc is true ea sports is dead and will never be able to return to pc market. 2k sports games for pc are mod friendly no need for nfl license the comunity will mod it.
The coaches that have never played PC have no idea all the features we enjoy. That's why we stay PC and continue to play in older versions of the game even when next generation stuff is released. We have the ability to edit anything in the game that needs to be fixed, and have people creating mods that improve the game as well. Utilities like Madden Amp, Madden Editor, TEXMOD, etc all allow us to have an unbelieveable league experience.

The average coach in a PC league would beat the average coach on consoles by 21 points in a coach mode game. It's like a kid taking on an adult in many cases, and in our league we have real coaches by profession coaching with us. It makes a real difference in the experience. Our league members average about 35 years old, and are college grads or business professionals. We have former college players and coaches as well as over 50 years High School coaching experience in our league. That's just one PC league too.

Last edited by DOLFANMIKE; 05-08-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #55
Rookie

Magsru99's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
He has PC envy.

Anyhow, well put on the rest of your post. By far the longest lasting leagues, most mature coaches, and best onlnie league experiences are found in PC leagues. I don't know anyone that has done both that would say otherwise.
Agreed, 5 years, 25 seasons for mine. Our average age for owners right now is about 33.

Also, well put NZA, but what else is new?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I will definitely buy it if it is a Next-Gen port.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »