Home

Interesting.....

This is a discussion on Interesting..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Interesting.....

Some other interesting facts–according to NPD, year to date:

–Madden NFL 09 is the third highest selling title across all SKUs combined
–Madden NFL 09 is the fourth highest selling Xbox 360 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the second highest selling PS3 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the fourth highest grossing title across all SKUs combined
–Madden NFL 09 is the fifth highest grossing Xbox 360 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the second highest grossing PS3 title

This is amazing considering how many people on these forums and other forums havent bought the game in 3 or 4 plus years and don't plan on buying this year version but have so much to say about the game lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Interesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Some other interesting facts–according to NPD, year to date:

–Madden NFL 09 is the third highest selling title across all SKUs combined
–Madden NFL 09 is the fourth highest selling Xbox 360 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the second highest selling PS3 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the fourth highest grossing title across all SKUs combined
–Madden NFL 09 is the fifth highest grossing Xbox 360 title
–Madden NFL 09 is the second highest grossing PS3 title

This is amazing considering how many people on these forums and other forums havent bought the game in 3 or 4 plus years and don't plan on buying this year version but have so much to say about the game lol

You do realize that this forum represents probably less than 1% of all Madden gamers, right?

Alot of people (kids) buy Madden every year regardless of how good it is. EA could literally pack a piece of cow manure in a case and people would buy it (which isnt far from what theyve done thus far on next gen).

This place is mainly hardcore Madden gamers and football fans. I am not a HARDCORE Madden gamer, but I am a diehard football fan, and have been disgusted with the quality of next gen Madden thus far, as many on here have.

So, those figures really dont mean much.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
You do realize that this forum represents probably less than 1% of all Madden gamers, right?

Alot of people (kids) buy Madden every year regardless of how good it is. EA could literally pack a piece of cow manure in a case and people would buy it (which isnt far from what theyve done thus far on next gen).

This place is mainly hardcore Madden gamers and football fans. I am not a HARDCORE Madden gamer, but I am a diehard football fan, and have been disgusted with the quality of next gen Madden thus far, as many on here have.

Look no further than this post...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Those figures especially don't mean much when one realizes that Madden's sales have declined for 4 years in a row now, i.e., the same time period where EA has had the additional expense of the exclusive license. Companies like EA prefer to have their user base increasing every year, not decreasing (though Peter Moore would like to point to used copy sales -- rather than poor quality -- to explain the declining sales).
Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I laugh when people say "EA could package [insert mammal here] manure and people would buy it"

I dunno about you, but I think I'd realize it was manure before I purchased it...just look for the flies.

09 was the first madden I've ever purchased...my brother had 01, 04 and 05 when I was a little younger (I'm now 23), and although I'm disappointed with the game, I must say I have more fun with it than I would with manure...Don't underestimate the intelligence of gamers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I laugh when people say "EA could package [insert mammal here] manure and people would buy it"

I dunno about you, but I think I'd realize it was manure before I purchased it...just look for the flies.

09 was the first madden I've ever purchased...my brother had 01, 04 and 05 when I was a little younger (I'm now 23), and although I'm disappointed with the game, I must say I have more fun with it than I would with manure...Don't underestimate the intelligence of gamers...
I think the idea is that there is a large % of people out there that will buy the game no matter what... without reading a single review, they just line up at midnight and get it, cause that's their routine... and to alot of people 60 bcuks isn't really a big deal at all.

Plus its the ONLY NFL Video game on the market, so that helps as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Exactly thats my point, as a hardcore gamer I know i'm going to buy the game no matter what b/c i am a football fan and b/c i love playing madden. But that doesn't mean i haven't been very disappointed with some of the games produced. I just feel its too many hardcore gamers saying that they not going to buy the game or haven't bought it when they know they do.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I dont understand this thread....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »