Home

OL/DL Interaction

This is a discussion on OL/DL Interaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OL/DL Interaction

From some of the videos we've seen this year it definitely seems to be heading in the right directions and i have to give kudos to the development team for that. I do have a couple questions about the interaction with the lines and how they are going to work in M10.

For one the DT's dont really seem to stand out from one another as far as stopping the run goes. Are they going to be able to clog the running lanes this year and push the pocket during passing situations. Ive always wanted to play as a DT but it was never rewarding enough, so will things change now with the new pro-tak system?

Another thing you see with the dline during screen passes is that 90% of the time you see them tackling the ball carrier from behind, will they have enough acceleration to be able to do that as well as release from the Olines block?

One other thing, if the DT's and NT's do have the ability to interupt a play big time if they are not double teams a la casey hampton, vince wilfork or albert haynsworth, why not have an hot audible so that you can command the online to double team that dline man thats giving you trouble?

thats all i have for now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: OL/DL Interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruthless
For one the DT's dont really seem to stand out from one another as far as stopping the run goes. Are they going to be able to clog the running lanes this year and push the pocket during passing situations. Ive always wanted to play as a DT but it was never rewarding enough, so will things change now with the new pro-tak system?
+1 .. I really hope that both good DTs AND DEs are worth something on M10.

Quote:
One other thing, if the DT's and NT's do have the ability to interupt a play big time if they are not double teams a la casey hampton, vince wilfork or albert haynsworth, why not have an hot audible so that you can command the online to double team that dline man thats giving you trouble?
Another really good proposition. I'd love to make sure that my Oline is double teaming Wilfork every single pass or that if my RB is blocking that he blocks to the left side to help out my LT with Julius Peppers!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

I just played a game online just now against the TITANS and what was really furiating me was how fast the RB are when the ball is handed off. I dont mean to derail the thread but this is serious.

Most fast runnning backs are at full sprint the moment that ball hits there hands and i feel this needs immediate attention if it hasnt already. I didnt get run on as bad as it seems but the few instances this man ran he was at full sprint spiing so fast it made my head spin, and after he came out the spin he was still in full sprint speed.

But anyways back on topid,

what kills me with the OL DL interactions is that when your in goaline these guys are standing straigh up and there no pile or anything to run over or jump over. I get tired of seeing that one or 2 DLinemen break thru the line as if they were pushing over kids at a flag football game. I wanna see some slip, trips, and falls.

Oh and another thing, mobile QBs have a certain advantage over there opponents that I cant seem to put my finger on it but it somehow demoralizes the defense when that automatic suction blocking takes effect and works in there favor.

I cant wait to see how this will be fixed in madden 10, theses cheeser butts are mine if it works out the way I hope it does.

Oh one more thing, has anyone noticed that when your playing zone that your defenders start to sort of play like a man to man type of coverage when you go up against a mobil QB.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I love playing as a DT on ncaa 09. Thats where most of my pressure come from most of the time when trying to stop the run and getting to the QB.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I agree 110% with this post.
Quote:
Yes please! I've always wanted this ever since my guards got dominated by some stud DTs and I couldn't give him any extra help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #6
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Just started playing Madden again so I can't say too much about this. HOwever, I played a game today against my brother who I usually beat pretty badly with the run. He was the Titans and Haynseworth must have had 4 tfl. Big time run stuffer...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

bump
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Nuance at these positions is key. We've heard that Pro-Tak has impacted the OL/DL interaction several times, but we really haven't seen detailed footage of the trenches. The SB video shows some nice handfighting between teh LT and RDE, but we don't see much more than that.

One of the things I like about APF is that stud run-stuffers do things like ride blockers into the hole, shed and tackle visibly better than lesser players, pursue better, and ones with top notch strength and size almost always occupy multiple blockers.

Then, guys with exceptional quickness have a way of beating the lineman into the gap and screwing up the development of the play, even if they're technically "blocked."

This meant that it really mattered whether or not you had a great player on the interior, and moreover, it mattered WHICH player you had in very concrete ways. This needs to be in Madden, but I'm not sure that this year will deliver it--they just have so much to do.

Something I really didn't like about APF that I'd love to see Madden do better is the impact of speed rushers off the edge. LB's like Derrick Thomas, and ends like L.C. Greenwood were great at taking the edge with a great first step. APF didn't really get that down right, and it'd be nice if the handful of players who fall into that rare explosion category could noticeably beat the OT off the snap by a couple of steps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »