Home

EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

This is a discussion on EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: EA isn't allowed to talk about the Rocket Catch????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Dumbest thing ever said on this forum. Do you really think just because someone plays for money, that they don't know NFL strategy? Is it their fault that what is effective isn't true to the actual NFL game? They play to win. Its on the makers of the game to make sure what works in the game, is what works in the Game.
I think what he was trying to say was that it's not that they don't know "real football", it's that the tourney players aren't playing realistically. I know I know. It's about winning...but he's trying to make the point that some tourney players will go for it on 4th and 30, or throw long rocket bombs every play..and actually make the catches unrealistically.

Not taking sides here, I agree with you on some points, and I agree with him on some points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I don't "want" rocket catching. What I do "want", is to see CPU controlled, or human controlled WR's actually jump for passes that are meant to be jump balls, or are just thrown high.

In next-gen Madden, just about the only time I ever see a WR leap off the ground, is for what is called a "Rocket Catch".

SO HELP ME JESUS IF REALISTIC JUMP BALL SITUATIONS ARE NOT IN MADDEN 10!
Jump Balls do not exist in the NFL this is not High School...

There's a fade ball when on the 1 yard line thats a quick lob, but only done if theres a height miss match and is the closest thing to a jump ball play you will find in the NFL
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
Yeah, the make it rain catch needs to be gone too. That is another form of the rocket catch, just that it can be done for crazy yardage.

Just for the record, I'm not hating on tourney players. I'm just saying that no one forces them to play that way. They choose to use exploits, EA didn't send out a guide with madden 09 and say that these r the exploits in the game and this is how u move the ball most effectively.

I just want the exploits out becuz it's not football when u need to find an easy way out to move the ball down field. How realistic is a 4th and 35 anyway? I've seen it happen at tourneys. They go for it on 4th down all the time becuz the rocket catch is really effective when someone perfects it. I just think it's funny when I play someone online who plays the tourney style. My defense can stop them for the first 3 downs when they try actual running plays and regular passing plays. But then rocket catch bails them out on 4th down. That's why I want it out of the game. Cuz I really don't think guys like that could play madden if there wasn't something to rely on to move the ball. Last time I checked, in the NFL on a 3rd or 4th down, they wouldn't throw a ball to larry Fitzgerald or Steve smith and expect them to catch the ball over 4-5 guys.

G-A-Y

In 2k if you step out of bounds like that you get flagged just like in REAL LIFE... FIX PLEASE
Old 05-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
It's more that they don't use football strategy in the game rather than not knowing it.

On a random point, a face to face tournement organised by The Sim God would be hilarious to see
Would ANY NFL Coach, player or hot dog vendor use a strategy that was effective 30% of the time, or a strategy that was effective 85% of the time? When money is on the line, why would you use something that isn't a sure thing? And if you say 'Well nothing is a sure thing in the NFL' you'd be 100% correct. But who's fault is that? And if you say 'Well they just exploit the AI in a way EA never planned for' then I would say why do they promote the Madden Challenge in the first place? Why do they show such support to the tournament community? Why do they allow their game to be disgraced on national television by ESPN's Madden Nation.

Don't hate the player, hate the GAME.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
Jump Balls do not exist in the NFL this is not High School...

There's a fade ball when on the 1 yard line thats a quick lob, but only done if theres a height miss match and is the closest thing to a jump ball play you will find in the NFL
Yea, your right, Randy Moss has NEVER outjumped a high lob over a 5'10 CB. Yea, that wasn't the ENTIRE STRATEGY OF THE 1998 VIKINGS!

Go watch some highlights from Randy's first year in the NFL. Randall Cunnigham would drop back and wing it as far as he could, and let Randy do the rest. I sat through an entire Thanksgiving game in 1998 where thats ALL THEY DID. I would say at least 15 bombs to Moss, where it was obvious that was the ONLY read by Cunningham.

So your right, a WR's height is never used as an advantage. Eli never just tossed it up to Plaxico and prayed. Warner never tossed it up high to Fitz. Marcus Roberson never played a game in the NFL, a guy's whos only skill was being able to out jump the defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #46
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Would ANY NFL Coach, player or hot dog vendor use a strategy that was effective 30% of the time, or a strategy that was effective 85% of the time? When money is on the line, why would you use something that isn't a sure thing? And if you say 'Well nothing is a sure thing in the NFL' you'd be 100% correct. But who's fault is that? And if you say 'Well they just exploit the AI in a way EA never planned for' then I would say why do they promote the Madden Challenge in the first place? Why do they show such support to the tournament community? Why do they allow their game to be disgraced on national television by ESPN's Madden Nation.

Don't hate the player, hate the GAME.
spoken like a true tourney cheeser. yeah,everyone HATES THE GAME bro! Because there is a BIG difference in strategy and EXPLOIT. Strategies eventually have counters in the NFL. Eventually defenses learned to stop Mike Vick from scrambling,eventually deep balls every play get picked off,eventually a defensive coordinator catches on to it.

There is no answer for an exploit but to take it out the game. And majority of maddenplayers who watch Madden Nation or the Madden Challenge look at the shows in disgust,to see so called "madden experts" use very exploit in the book to get a win.No true football player respects that crap.In a real football fans eyes,you are a punk,cause u need crutches to win.I gurantee with the exception of the EMB boys half those guys would suck if there were no RC or some kind of exploit,and that is funny,because then what? what can they do then?

But you do bring up a good point..as soon as we see that Madden is just a video game,that there is no way it will ever be close to true to life football strategy,then it will ease the anger in people.You expect too much out of this game guys.Play it for what it is,and the cheesers and exploiters will not bother you as much.get u a solid friends list of players like yourself,and you will enjoy the game ten times better....because the GAME(madden) needs hate,not the game.(football)
Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #47
Banned

Lets be clear, I DO NOT play this way. I AM a sim-style player. I have been in a sim league for the last 3 years. BUT, I don't understand why some posters want to hate on the tournament players. If you play online, and you ask for a sim game, thats one thing. But if you show up to a tournament, where hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars are on the line, why wouldn't you do everything within the game to win?

And besides, if not for these 'dedicated' players (i find it kind of depressing that someone would spend 20-30 hours locked in their rooms 'labbing', but thats another story) many of these exploits would slip under the radar and we would never get fixes for them. I am a loud supporter of sites like TML, because they expose the flaws and glitches in the game. If not for sites like TML and VG, these secrets might never see the light of day other than in the tournament scene, and year after year they would go unnoticed.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Yea, your right, Randy Moss has NEVER outjumped a high lob over a 5'10 CB. Yea, that wasn't the ENTIRE STRATEGY OF THE 1998 VIKINGS!

Go watch some highlights from Randy's first year in the NFL. Randall Cunnigham would drop back and wing it as far as he could, and let Randy do the rest. I sat through an entire Thanksgiving game in 1998 where thats ALL THEY DID. I would say at least 15 bombs to Moss, where it was obvious that was the ONLY read by Cunningham.

So your right, a WR's height is never used as an advantage. Eli never just tossed it up to Plaxico and prayed. Warner never tossed it up high to Fitz. Marcus Roberson never played a game in the NFL, a guy's whos only skill was being able to out jump the defender.
Jump balls do not happen in the NFL successfully everytime

you throw balls like that in the nfl 2/3 it gets turned over...

So your mentioning the best receivers in the game, you can already throw it up to them and they come down with it... Most of the time those receiver out speed the defense and the qb hits them in stride, not jump balling
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »