Home

This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

This is a discussion on This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
You are being too kind, i was thinking more along the lines of everyday, simply because the given topic isn't on the first page.
+1 and great post...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Well put man..I do feel sometimes that the complaints are from a bunch of 12 ur olde that understand football. Now I'm only 25 but it can get a bit over the top at times. Ian and company have taken an extraordinary step in allowing us to have direct input on the game. We should welcome that with open arms.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

this is why I like the VG Sports forums over at maddentips.com
seems like the guys over there are a bit more mature. now, they get a few knuckleheads here and there as well, it's an open forum after all, but the regulars are good dudes. CapnKill and MoneyMoesh and a few others around here are over there as well. there's more interest about online play over there it seems and less about franchise and colored cleats ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

These forums are now the primary source for Madden 10 details and conversation.

The place to go to actually converse with the game developers.

It's going to attract some idiots. But it's also going to attract some good, hardcore football video game fans.

You have to take the good with the bad.

Nonetheless, I think you guys are exaggerating the issue a bit. I've seen a lot WORSE forums in my day...

Take World of Warcraft Forums for example...

Old 05-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes, this forum is 10 times better than most other forums out there, the issue is that it use to be 100 times better.

Unless their skin is made of Adamantium, Ian and company will eventually reach their limit and stop posting on these boards. Its inevitable because trolls have unlimited energy reserves for spewing garbage.

The board will then get back to "normal" after that, as there will be a mass exodus of the new trolls-most of whom have just joined in the 2009 calendar year.

The board won't be cluttered with as many of the same rehashed rants, and the trolls that will be left will be the Usual Suspects who don't create very many threads, they just hang around waiting to take their shots in someone else's bitterman thread.

When this happens, the mods won't be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of inane threads and posts.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i remember when in the offseason the madden forum had maybe 5 pages lol until august.

i dont know though look at the fifa forum( my favorite) its dead, i'll take this anyday over a dead forum to be honest. but yeah it gets rowdy in here too often lately.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, this forum is 10 times better than most other forums out there, the issue is that it use to be 100 times better.

Unless their skin is made of Adamantium, Ian and company will eventually reach their limit and stop posting on these boards. Its inevitable because trolls have unlimited energy reserves for spewing garbage.

The board will then get back to "normal" after that, as there will be a mass exodus of the new trolls-most of whom have just joined in the 2009 calendar year.

The board won't be cluttered with as many of the same rehashed rants, and the trolls that will be left will be the Usual Suspects who don't create very many threads, they just hang around waiting to take their shots in someone else's bitterman thread.

When this happens, the mods won't be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of inane threads and posts.
Adamantanium?? What are you trying to get at here?

Adamantine was in Runescape. 'adamant' is the adjective your looking for? Or the noun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I know im still relatively new -- but I think what will happen is once the game comes out, and once Call of Duty comes out with another game or something, the 'real' madden faithful will be left here with better insight/topics, and basically get back to what the more loyal hardcore guys are use too...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »