Home

This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

This is a discussion on This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #49
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Where to start:

I know that the recent influx of users has alienated a good amount of core users on our boards. Make no mistake, our goal still is to be a mature place to come to talk sports gaming. Hell, it's the main reason you see developers here. Most other sites talk about the "Madden Nation" type gaming, and what glitches work best on blitzes. That is their niche. Ours is getting those glitches out of the game. Don't believe me? One of Ian's posts directly comments that he wants to see everything you see on Sundays in the game. That is what most of the users here have been wanting since Day 1 of OS.

We are working in cleaning it up, guys. We are slowly weeding out the trouble users. We are also coming up with an idea to stop all of the repeat threads, but it is a tough thing to do without being prejudice against a user because of their post count (something I try not to do. New users should be able to voice their opinion as well.).

I have brought on some new mods, and with their extra help, I am hoping to really make sure that every user on this site and connect with the developers in some way and make Madden (and the other games that we have devs on) even better in the future.
Thanks man, because I tell you........whew! There are some days when this place is like Chucky Cheese with all the "kids" around here. I've never seen OS like this and I've been coming here a looooooong time. I was a lurker for years before I actually created an account. I use to go between OS, Madden Planet, and Maddenmania. Those other 2 sites have gone straight to hell. I don't wanna see OS end up that way as well. Good luck cleaning this place up. I have a feeling you're gonna need it. lol

Last edited by splff3000; 05-10-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #50
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

lol j/k

But that's good to hear Millennium. I usually come hear to get away from the madden bashing and hear some good critical feedback from people who actually play the game, but it seems like the madden bashers are coming here since word has spread that Ian has been talking to the OSers.

I am amazed at how many 20+ year olds act like middle school kids that argue over what cartoon is better. I'm 18 and considered a "kid" to many so it just amazes me when I see people bash madden and then when looking in their profile (to see their post history) it says "30 years old" (basically anything over 25 is what shocks me lol).

But anyways, it's good to see that something is being done about it.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #51
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Great post and a agree 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #52
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There are a pretty much 4 categories of people on this forum now...

The majority are the Sold. People who've seen enough to believe the game is going to be outstanding and take major strides toward what we want in a football game. Those people, for the most part, are going to forgive the little things that wont make it this time around in hopes that in the long run, the Madden series has turned the corner and we're gonna see nothing but outstanding simulation football from here out.

The second largest group are the cautious. They like EA's direction but can't help but look at the past 5 iterations and wonder how anyone could possibly fix it in one year. They generally comment on new additions positively, but point out little things that might be cause for worry. Very much the "trust but verify" crowd.

The third group are what we refer too as "the Haters". They are here primarily to vent, and nothing EA does will please them. They get themselves banned with regularity because they can't say anything constructive, only attack.

And the final group, which while not a large group, are very visible. They could be in Group 2, but are more pessimistic. Some mistake them for haters, and sometimes they do cross the line into that category, but most of them are level headed and fair... but they expect a lot and are blunt about their criticism. They tend to not believe Madden 10 will be what we hope it is, but rather than being a blatant hate like the third group, it's more of a self-defense mechanism so they wont be in for a big let down on August 14th.

That's my analysis. Which group are you? :P
I'm in the "trust but verify" group.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #53
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
I have before and no one really wanted to talk about offensive lineman.. they wanted to talk about sock length and cleat colors...
There are different departments for video games. Not every single person that works on the game works on gameplay. I want to see the line interaction as much as you, but to throw the detail guys under the bus because you think they aren't gameplay oriented is such a stupid argument.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
There are different departments for video games. Not every single person that works on the game works on gameplay. I want to see the line interaction as much as you, but to throw the detail guys under the bus because you think they aren't gameplay oriented is such a stupid argument.
All the decals/socks/whatever realistic graphic you can have in the world means nothing if the most important part of football is neglected. yes DE being stretched around is nice but it means nothing if that 3-4 nose tackle can not get real penetration.

Though I do not want to cut off my hand to spite my face.

And yes I know graphics and gameplay are two different things development wise, and if EA is truly agile (which I doubt... I assume they are a nice balance of waterfall and agile.) then they can move resources around ... maybe trade a developer for a graphics guy between teams madden trading with live.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #55
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
All the decals/socks/whatever realistic graphic you can have in the world means nothing if the most important part of football is neglected. yes DE being stretched around is nice but it means nothing if that 3-4 nose tackle can not get real penetration.

Though I do not want to cut off my hand to spite my face.

And yes I know graphics and gameplay are two different things development wise, and if EA is truly agile (which I doubt... I assume they are a nice balance of waterfall and agile.) then they can move resources around ... maybe trade a developer for a graphics guy between teams madden trading with live.
I understand your first paragraph perfectly and I feel the same way, but a lot of people keeping talking about "who cares about socks, what about gamplay!" and are jumping on the accessory people with little to no provocation. And 90% of that lynch mob acts as if the Madden team cannot do both at the same time and it has to be one or the other when it's not the case is simply irritating.

I'm not just talking specifically about you, but just venting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 1

It's not that the threads are being made, but that "socks" and "ankle tape" garner more responses than gameplay discussion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »