Home

This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

This is a discussion on This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

I stopped posting on the Madden board for the exacted opposite reason. If your thread didn't start of as "Ian your God" or Ian your the Man" you would get shouted down. I've been on OS from the beginning if you think this was bad you should have been here when "Next Gen Madden" pics were leaked via a Burger King promotion. There were people that was very critical of Next gen direction but we were called 2k fanboys or madden haters. We all knew how that story ended.

This Ian third time around selling the game via blogs and direct interaction with the fan base and in each of the last 2 years the game improved but if some is still cynical that is understandable.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I stopped posting on the Madden board for the exacted opposite reason. If your thread didn't start of as "Ian your God" or Ian your the Man" you would get shouted down. I've been on OS from the beginning if you think this was bad you should have been here when "Next Gen Madden" pics were leaked via a Burger King promotion. There were people that was very critical of Next gen direction but we were called 2k fanboys or madden haters. We all knew how that story ended.

This Ian third time around selling the game via blogs and direct interaction with the fan base and in each of the last 2 years the game improved but if some is still cynical that is understandable.
Your post makes too much sense, dont be surprised to see it deleted or locked. This is Madden Love Forum, that's it.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt

I thought this was his second year at this. Heh but, I can barely remember what I did yesterday let alone 2 years ago so my recollection could be wrong.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #60
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
Your post makes too much sense, dont be surprised to see it deleted or locked. This is Madden Love Forum, that's it.
You have said this before and yet you are still here. Seems like you would eventually leave if you felt that way. Again, just about everybody here on OS could give you at least 30 things wrong with Madden.

If anything though, this is a "future outlook of madden love forum" now since Ian has fixed problems that have been issues in Madden for almost a decade. We all feel that madden isn't as good as it use to be during the certain time of those previous particular games. The CD guys who were very very critical with madden, went to play the game and have said that the game is an all around big improvement. So yeah, I know their old posts and seeing that they were pleased with the game (even though they pointed out a good number of problems that will be fixed) makes madden 10 seem like it will please a lot of people.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There are a pretty much 4 categories of people on this forum now...

The majority are the Sold. People who've seen enough to believe the game is going to be outstanding and take major strides toward what we want in a football game. Those people, for the most part, are going to forgive the little things that wont make it this time around in hopes that in the long run, the Madden series has turned the corner and we're gonna see nothing but outstanding simulation football from here out.

The second largest group are the cautious. They like EA's direction but can't help but look at the past 5 iterations and wonder how anyone could possibly fix it in one year. They generally comment on new additions positively, but point out little things that might be cause for worry. Very much the "trust but verify" crowd.

The third group are what we refer too as "the Haters". They are here primarily to vent, and nothing EA does will please them. They get themselves banned with regularity because they can't say anything constructive, only attack.

And the final group, which while not a large group, are very visible. They could be in Group 2, but are more pessimistic. Some mistake them for haters, and sometimes they do cross the line into that category, but most of them are level headed and fair... but they expect a lot and are blunt about their criticism. They tend to not believe Madden 10 will be what we hope it is, but rather than being a blatant hate like the third group, it's more of a self-defense mechanism so they wont be in for a big let down on August 14th.

That's my analysis. Which group are you? :P

I would say I am somewhere between groups 1 and 2. I think it is going in the right direction and I like all of the new things added. I am definitely going to give the game a shot. However, I think that there will still be problems for another year or two that won't really make it completely sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #62
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

Well, the truth is that people are pissed. And rightfully so. The SOLE reason that I bought a 400$ XBOX 360 was to get Madden on a NextGen system. I play Madden year 'round. I pick up other games for a week or maybe 2 here and there but Madden is 90% of my gaming. Add to that buying 4 NG versions (240$), rebuying an original XBOX (50$) cause NG versions were so horrible, and buying 2 additional XBOX versions(100$) and that's 790$ while waiting on a decent version of Madden.

Now...is it EA's fault that I don't have a more diverse game library? Absolutely not. But as a 20 year loyal consumer of EA products across several platforms do I get pissed when I think about that 800$ and the absolute horse poo that I have received for it? You better believe it. I work hard for my money and sometimes struggle to fit gaming money into a budget that involves a household of 5 people(wife, 3 kids)(also part of why I dont have a more diverse game library) and I expect to get a hell of a lot more value from my dollar than EA has given me over the past couple of years.

As far as I'm concerned, EA owes all of it's Madden consumers a better product and a refund of sorts; if not in actual $$$ then in improved quality(drasticly improved at that) with no price increase for a minimum of 3-5 years. That's not just a wish or request, I feel like they owe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 12

I would like to point out that SOME people claiming that the forums "used to be better" are in fact self-glorified.

I think these people are only complaining because they think it makes them stand out as some sort of "founding member".

Makes them somehow feel superior and nostalgic to "forum newbies" to have registered long before EA-Tiburon showed up.

It's a shame - I see it on several web forums that gain sudden poplularity. They act like having an old registration date under their avatar makes them feel better and/or superior - as if they are entitiled to some sort of freebie for being registered for so long. It makes them think it's "their" forum and we're all invading their privacy.

All I can say is that you should enjoy the interest - and remember - nobody is holding a gun to your head to stay here and keep posting.

I, for one, enjoy all the interest and popularity.

I doubt Ian and Phil and the other EA/Tiburon guys would want to only talk to a handful of people on this forum and limit the ideas and opinions for the game to less then 1% of the total Madden playerbase - millions of people play Madden every year.

I say, let them all speak up!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #64
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I would like to point out that SOME people claiming that the forums "used to be better" are in fact self-glorified.

I think these people are only complaining because they think it makes them stand out as some sort of "founding member".

Makes them somehow feel superior and nostalgic to "forum newbies" to have registered long before EA-Tiburon showed up.

It's a shame - I see it on several web forums that gain sudden poplularity. They act like having an old registration date under their avatar makes them feel better and/or superior - as if they are entitiled to some sort of freebie for being registered for so long. It makes them think it's "their" forum and we're all invading their privacy.

All I can say is that you should enjoy the interest - and remember - nobody is holding a gun to your head to stay here and keep posting.

I, for one, enjoy all the interest and popularity.

I doubt Ian and Phil and the other EA/Tiburon guys would want to only talk to a handful of people on this forum and limit the ideas and opinions for the game to less then 1% of the total Madden playerbase - millions of people play Madden every year.

I say, let them all speak up!
It's not people speaking up per se'. It's what they are saying when they are speaking. It used to be a time when there were Madden websites all over the web. Madden central, Madden planet, Madden mania, and there were more obscure ones as well. These were the big ones. In fact, OS used to be at the bottom of my list to go for Madden info lol. ALL of these sites turned to s***. Pardon my French. Personally, I stopped going because you had to sift through piles of s*** threads just to get to a real logical thread. Then when you found one there were any number of people acting like a**holes. Some of those sites are still around, but they are nothing like this. In fact The devs stopped posting on Madden mania because of all the bulls***. I see that same stuff starting to happen here. When I logon and I see 5 or 6 threads deleted and 4 or 5 closed on the 1st page, that's not a good sign. The mods do a pretty good job here, but they can't keep it up forever. At some point it's gonna be up to the OS community to start policing themselves ie adding trollers to ignore lists and what not. You guys may think I'm joking, but this particular forum is going to hell in a hand basket......real quick. I've seen it before and I'm seeing it again. We gotta nip it in the bud. I wouldn't want the devs to scratch OS off of their list as well. I like getting my lil tidbits of info.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »