Home

Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet...

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: PRO-TAK - What's NOT There Yet... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #57
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: PRO-TAK - what's NOT there yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Our "piece of the pie" will be getting to play a great sim style football game that will have tons of replay value which is really all we want.

That's why we want to help Ian n' Co to succeed so much.
This.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #58
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This.

This.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great to hear that all of this will be addressed.

Cant wait!!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
If Madden had a glowing ball, it'd be ripped on just as quickly and probably far more harshly. There wouldn't be anybody here defending it. I've noticed a lot more people here claiming BackBreaker's **** don't stink than I have Madden. We're supposed to tear alpha build trailers played on rookie and AI tuned down to pieces, but BackBreaker's flaws are off limits? C'mon, man, we only need one standard here.
Why should we have one standard? BB should go through the same sh*t as Madden because.....exactly.

Madden has had 5 tries, it's up to them to prove themselves. We should except the same as always. They should wow us.

As for BB, we basically know nothing about it, except that it has Euphoria and it looks futuristic. It's their first crack at a football game, and they're taking chances trying to innovate the sport. We should be anything but negative about BB, they're giving us next-gen technology. Take off the blinders, man. It's basically impossible to have an negative opinion/perception of BB unless you brown-nose Madden devs on a daily basis.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
If Madden had a glowing ball, it'd be ripped on just as quickly and probably far more harshly. There wouldn't be anybody here defending it. I've noticed a lot more people here claiming BackBreaker's **** don't stink than I have Madden. We're supposed to tear alpha build trailers played on rookie and AI tuned down to pieces, but BackBreaker's flaws are off limits? C'mon, man, we only need one standard here.

What's worse is, whether every tackle is a flying one or not, it's becoming more and more apparent with each little bit of info we get on BackBreaker that it is not the game we are looking for as sim gamers. It may well end up being ground breaking and an all around amazing game... remains to be seen... but it is not going to be the same kind of game Madden 10 is.

There are two types of sports games in any sport... your core sim games, and your diversionary games. Blitz, The Bigs, NBA Street, things along those lines are diversionary. They are what simmers play when they don't feel like thinking their way through a game and just wanna lay back and mess around. It's becoming very apparent that, while it probably wont be full-on Arcade like Blitz, BackBreaker is gonna be diversionary... it's not a pure-sim.
Agree, yet BB is the best thing since spaghetti and meat balls, and not one person has played a game as of today...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

And why do you think backbreaker has to resort to a glowing ball. Have you ever thought of the fact that They do not have an option at making a 100% realistic football game when they don't have the NFL license to back it up.

The fact is, a realistic, non-NFL licensed football games aren't going sell. Look at happened to APF, it lasted one year. Smart developers can't design a product that is going fail, so based on their restrictions, the developers at back-breaker have make product adjustments.

Atleast they have the guts and knowledge to try something innovative with the tackling system, which is a huge part of a football game.

And again, it seems you are high on madden, which isn't a bad thing.

But can you tell me what Madden has Done with it's exclusive license on the next gen systems for 5 YEARS that has you so up in arms and supporting madden?

Has madden defined what next-gen football should be to you?

Well I"m sure you'll be pleased, because backbreaker will probably fail to sell. At least backbreaker is trying to do something next-gen and or innovative with it's tackling system.

And who cares if backbreaker isn't 100% realistic, it's not like madden has been. Some of my favorite non-madden football games where ones that had a arcade theme, NFL blitz was awesome imo. Nba jam was an awesome arcade style basketball game. We will never have a chance to see those products again, and even if we do, i'm sure they will be short lived, just like APF and Blitz.

Last edited by maddenps2; 05-09-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
There are two types of sports games in any sport... your core sim games, and your diversionary games. Blitz, The Bigs, NBA Street, things along those lines are diversionary. They are what simmers play when they don't feel like thinking their way through a game and just wanna lay back and mess around. It's becoming very apparent that, while it probably wont be full-on Arcade like Blitz, BackBreaker is gonna be diversionary... it's not a pure-sim.
BB will be sim, just on different perspective of football. They are simming how the individual players feel in the football game, whereas Madden sims how people see the game. It's not an easy concept to understand so I can see why there is so much confusion on whether BB is 'sim' or not.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #64
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoob
Why should we have one standard? BB should go through the same sh*t as Madden because.....exactly.

Madden has had 5 tries, it's up to them to prove themselves. We should except the same as always. They should wow us.

As for BB, we basically know nothing about it, except that it has Euphoria and it looks futuristic. It's their first crack at a football game, and they're taking chances trying to innovate the sport. We should be anything but negative about BB, they're giving us next-gen technology. Take off the blinders, man. It's basically impossible to have an negative opinion/perception of BB unless you brown-nose Madden devs on a daily basis.
The developer interaction here is one of the reasons Madden is improving. They are implementing suggestions we make. I can find a post from pre-'09 release asking for every new feature in Madden 10, I guarantee you. Operation Sports has been the Madden team's razor this year, and it's gonna show when the game drops.

But you suggest that, clearly, unlike the Madden team, the BackBreaker team is probably smarter than the average fan, and thus we should say nothing and just clap every time I new screen drops. The fact that this is their first football game doesn't seem like a good reason to automatically trust that they'll deliver... rather, precisely the opposite.

It took 2k Sports 5 years to get it right. You could see the improvement in each iteration, but there were huge game killers in 2k, 2k1, 2k2, 2k3, and 2k4. People forget that 2k5 was the first one to fully implement a momentum based locomotion system (it was in 2k4 in a very limited fashion... before that, it was all turn-on-a-dime momentumless locomotion). Madden had it in one form or another from the beginning, until some idiot who shares the name of a certain Red Sox player decided to yank it out.

Feedback and criticism do more good than bad, and Madden 10 is evidence of that. Like Madden, I want Backbreaker to be the best game it can be, for whatever type of game it is. For that reason, I'm not going to sit back and simply cheer them on. I'm going to tell them that glowing footballs are fecking stupid.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »