Home

Is there any Defensive scheme intelligence? example 3-4, 4-3 etc...

This is a discussion on Is there any Defensive scheme intelligence? example 3-4, 4-3 etc... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Addressing Defensive scheme intelligence? example 3-4, 4-3 etc...

It's an interesting question. In real life players/coaches must adjust there schemes, defensive assignments and playing style in order to run various defensive schemes successfully.

A 3-4 defense will not not be successful if the players and coaches ran the defense as they would a 4-3 defense.

I'm not sure but I think in madden the only difference between a 4-3 defense and the 3-4 defense is that the players change starting positions and there defensive zones might be altered. In real life, a defensive back must have reactive defense once he has to break out and stop a play.

In real life, the reactive defense of a 3-4 defensive back and that of a 4-3 defensive back is different.

A good defensive back must adjust out of his zone/man defense in the correct manner according to the defensive scheme being ran.

I don't think there is any "defensive scheme" related intelligence in madden.

I hope this is worked on, so that various NFL defensive schemes play out in a realistic and effective fashion.

Last edited by maddenps2; 05-09-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Rookie

BuzzKardzrool's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is there any Defensive scheme intelligence? example 3-4, 4-3 etc...

Great thought.

Also, in franchise mode, different types of players are required for the defensive line and linebackers. Guys like Richard Seymour are perfect 3-4 DE's but more of a DT/DE hybrid if he was in a 4-3 system. And the OLB's are different etc.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there any Defensive scheme intelligence? example 3-4, 4-3 etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKardzrool
Great thought.

Also, in franchise mode, different types of players are required for the defensive line and linebackers. Guys like Richard Seymour are perfect 3-4 DE's but more of a DT/DE hybrid if he was in a 4-3 system. And the OLB's are different etc.
yep, the depth chart and ratings system has to be tweaked to take this into account.

that's why I advocate giving us the ability to customize the OVR rating for each position. that would help this tremendously

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »