Home

MAdden defensive help

This is a discussion on MAdden defensive help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
MAdden defensive help

On defense, I ran alot of cover 3 zones. I wasnt a big blitz guy. Philosophy was bend but not break. And at first it was working out very well cause I was only allowing 11 points a game. But then as my record improved, the better opponents I faced, and my defense hasn't been playing up to it's previous level. It seems like offenses have just been buying time enough for the zone to break down. I noticed that, and every time I attempt to bring pressure, it always blows up in my face. And my defensive line is horrible so it takes them around 10 seconds for them to actually smell the Quarterback. so i was just wondering are there any tips to bringing pressure while staying in your zone. Actually, any defensive tips in general would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Icon5 Re: MAdden defensive help

Well for me blitzing is pretty much taking a chance. In real life football. Blitzing is taking a chance. Sometime you will get to the QB and sometimes you don't Depends on your starters and what their overalls are and stuff like that.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: MAdden defensive help

The one thing that works for me is that i never let them get comfortable , blitz from nickle , show blitz and then drop back. For god sake never ever let the deep middle open even if it means using a NT to run around like crazy.

Add me if ur on ps3-- Da-king81

Edit: 10th post, big day lmao
Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

i agree with king525 even tho he is a steelers fan. go with the full zone blitz if your if you cant get a rush with your front 4 drop a DT or DE into the zone and hot route a LB to blitz

you can skip the LB blitz and OCCASIONALLY get a coverage sack but with madden its feast or famine either you bring the house or you play coverage with 8
Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

thanks 4 the help. I usually just run cover 3 and control the strong safety that covers the middle part of the field. But now i'm gonna try and mix it up. Hopefully I can get positive results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sometimes you have to stack a side to get a good overload blitz, but the key to playing good defense overall is lieing to the offense as much as possible. Stack one side of the o-line for an overload blitz, but the next play...stack the side the blitz ISNT coming from. Just be smart about how you manually position your guys and try to confuse the offense.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

with madden its feast or famine either you bring the house or you play coverage with 8

No wonder trying to simulate actual schemes never workss for me..
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium00
with madden its feast or famine either you bring the house or you play coverage with 8

No wonder trying to simulate actual schemes never works for me..
ill say this.. the only scheme that kind of works, in my experience, is the 3-4 zone blitzes. even then its about fooling the AI and as another poster said is overloading the the line by shifts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »