Home

Another attempt at Offenisve/Defensive line discussion

This is a discussion on Another attempt at Offenisve/Defensive line discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Another attempt at Offenisve/Defensive line discussion

I really want to discuss the core of all football (the offensive and defensive line play).

One thing I want to see outside of what I have seen so far in the videos are:

1) Offensive lineman that are free of a block do a chip block on a Defensive lineman's shoulder to help out his fellow lineman.

2) I want a big 350NT to have to have two maybe even three guys have to try and block him for fear of the middle being completely blown up.

3) Offensive lineman effectively attacking the second level and 3rd level. I want to see Joe Thomas smack Ray lewis in the face

4) I want the draw to be as effective as it is on Sunday.

5) Defensive lineman avoiding chop blocks, and offensive lineman playing like they do in real life IE Alex Gibb coached offensive lines and the broncos old line.

Just remember, the front four on the Dline can make a mediocre Db look like hes the second coming of Deion Sanders ie Jason David.
(slight exaggeration, but you get my point)

Also look what happened to Shaun Alexander after his two big Olineman left and lets not forget what happened to KC after Willie Roff(sp?) left.

Give the trenches your love!!!

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Another attempt at Offenisve/Defensive line discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
I really want to discuss the core of all football (the offensive and defensive line play).

One thing I want to see outside of what I have seen so far in the videos are:

1) Offensive lineman that are free of a block do a chip block on a Defensive lineman's shoulder to help out his fellow lineman.

2) I want a big 350NT to have to have two maybe even three guys have to try and block him for fear of the middle being completely blown up.

3) Offensive lineman effectively attacking the second level and 3rd level. I want to see Joe Thomas smack Ray lewis in the face

4) I want the draw to be as effective as it is on Sunday.

5) Defensive lineman avoiding chop blocks, and offensive lineman playing like they do in real life IE Alex Gibb coached offensive lines and the broncos old line.

Just remember, the front four on the Dline can make a mediocre Db look like hes the second coming of Deion Sanders ie Jason David.
(slight exaggeration, but you get my point)

Also look what happened to Shaun Alexander after his two big Olineman left and lets not forget what happened to KC after Willie Roff(sp?) left.

the part i put in bold is HUGE for me...
if that isn't fixed then there is no point to trying to draft/sign them to your roster other then just a visual effect of having a big dude in the middle of your D line...player's like Hanyesworth, Jamal Williams, Vince Wilfork... ect play HUGE roles for thier teams defence they are in and should be reflected in madden as well.
very important
+1

Last edited by PlatooN; 05-09-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
the part i put in bold is HUGE for me...
if that isn't fixed then there is no point to trying to draft/sign them to your roster other then just a visual effect of having a big dude in the middle of your D line...player's like Hanyesworth, Jamal Williams, Vince Wilfork... ect play HUGE roles for thier teams defence they are in and should be reflected in madden as well.
very important
+1
I want this scenario to happen defensively.

Coach: "Man this 4-3 isn't working .... Defensive Coordinator, you are fired"

Since we have a 350 lb DT and 310 lb DEs (and if this is a 4-3 a crappy GM) I think we should switch to a 3-4 and draft some Lbs and a hybrid DE/Olb.

I want switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to mean something and vis versa.

4-6-09
Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

like whats the point, Say..your playing your franchise your in the same scenario as green bay this year switching to the 3-4 and there only one NT 330lb+ worthy of a first round pick that fits the description of your prototype 3-4 NT I.R.L or that High Priced NT in free agency ...well in madden i'm even not gonna draft or sign this guy because he won't command anymore of double team than that of a 280LB DT ...which now that i reread this it's the exact same thing i already posted, but...whatever...it's important!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint

All of these please!!!! Another suggestion is that TEs should do the thing where they give a beastly DE an extra shove before he runs his route. (What's that called?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
All of these please!!!! Another suggestion is that TEs should do the thing where they give a beastly DE an extra shove before he runs his route. (What's that called?)
I think it's called a chip route. That's what we called it.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Now that is what I want right there.

TE giving just enough help to make the T job a bit easier.

This should be more important that 90% of the front page... but its as I said before.

The offensive line get 0Glory and all of the blame.
I put money if the line does not play properly people will b and moan more than a lot of other aspects of the game. Mainly because the line play mean so much to football that you can't have bad of either... unless your DB field includes Namdi.

4-6-09
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Thats a vaild point on the defense and offense interaction. There needs to be done bout double teaming one guy. I played ncaa football 09 last night. I played a 3-4 defense one play And my DT and DE both got double team for a few seconds. But I think sooner are later Ian will put that in madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »