Home

Weekly prep?

This is a discussion on Weekly prep? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Weekly prep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
I like the concept of weekly prep, but I wouldn't want to be heavily penalized for not focusing 15 minutes on it each week or something. I'd like to see them incorporate something similar to what NCAA has with their new gameplan feature, but instead of having it in game, it's done during the week. So for example, I can choose 3 things (or 2 if it's a short week, 4 if it's a long week, 6 if it's a first round bye in the playoffs etc.) to focus on for my upcoming game. Some examples of things to focus on could be:

Stopping the Run
Stopping the Pass
Fewer Offensive penalties
Fewer Defensive penalties
Running the ball/Run Blocking
Passing the ball/Pass Blocking
Stamina
Yards after catch/contact
More conservative Defense
More aggressive Defense
etc.

So each week I determine what type of team I'm about to play. If it's a run heavy team I'd probably choose stopping the run as one of my options. If they also give up a lot of passing yards, I'd choose Passing the ball/Pass Blocking as well. This way you only have to spend a minute or two doing it but you can still prepare your team for the upcoming game. They would receive a boost in the areas that you choose and the areas you don't choose might receive a slight decrease. The ratings of the players could also come into play or factor into your decision. If you're playing as the Colts, you already know you have a formidable passing attack so you wouldn't need to focus on that area and could choose something else.

As much as I want a realistic franchise mode, I still don't want to have to spend tons of time in between games doing a bunch of stuff, because playing the games is the best part of the whole thing to me. Sometimes I like to sit down for an hour and just play a few games in my franchise without having to worry about spending half that time making all these adjustments and preparation beforehand.
Thats why I said have an option to have to do it all the time or have it like what you said, in between, less, none, etc.

Just because you don't want to spend 15 minutes a week doesn't mean i don't want to. It should be an option. I want to be penalized if I do something wrong. It would be stupid if I practiced HBs 4 hours a day for 5 days and they weren't injured or tired.

― Plato
Old 05-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats why I said have an option to have to do it all the time or have it like what you said, in between, less, none, etc.

Just because you don't want to spend 15 minutes a week doesn't mean i don't want to. It should be an option. I want to be penalized if I do something wrong. It would be stupid if I practiced HBs 4 hours a day for 5 days and they weren't injured or tired.
Oh I know, I agree. I was just suggesting a way it could be done for those that would want to choose the "less" option. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm always for more options and customization, I was merely stating how I feel about the weekly prep, but wasn't saying my suggestion should be the only way.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
How do you progress a players speed?
That is truly one rating that should never move, you can't get faster over time.
+1!...no one gets faster every year..by the 3rd year of franchise mode it seems like 50% of the league has reached 99 spd.

they need to bring weekly prep back. i want a break down of my opponents Top 5 Successful offensive plays and a breakdown of where their weak spots are on the defense so i can Game plan to exploit their weakness.
Imagine we had game film to watch...that would be sick!!! just a few highlights with commentary from your OC or DC of some plays your opponents ran in the prior weeks
thats sim baby!
Great post OP.

Last edited by PlatooN; 05-10-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »