Home

New LEAD team

This is a discussion on New LEAD team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
New LEAD team

There seems to be some confusion about the "new team" stuff so I just wanted to contribute [basically I was going to post this in the thread that got locked (it was locked because it turned into a CD tester bash thread)]. The team does consist of guys who worked on previous maddens, but a lot of them were not in the lead and therefore didn't have as much say as to what got in the game as they do now. Ian moved up and now he's lead designer. Phil use to work on the last gen madden games and Madden 10 will be the first time that he'll be given a full year to work on a current gen madden game (he started working on 09 real late replacing David Ortiz). Also there's some new members to the Madden 10 team working on franchise mode. They have worked with last gen madden games and left after that to work on the head coach games (Josh Looman and Donny Moore).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-11-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: New LEAD team

lol ortiz was a cheeser rofl
Old 05-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
There seems to be some confusion about the "new team" stuff so I just wanted to contribute [basically I was going to post this in the thread that got locked (for a reason outside of what was being discussed)]. The team does consist of guys who worked on previous maddens, but a lot of them were not in the lead and therefore didn't have as much say as to what got in the game as they do now. Ian moved up and now he's lead designer (replacing David Ortiz). Phil use to work on the last gen madden games and Madden 10 will be the first time that he'll be given a full year to work on a current gen madden game (he started working on 09 real late). Also there's some new members to the Madden team working on franchise mode. They have worked with last gen madden games and left after that to work on the head coach games (Josh Looman and Donny Moore).
Although I already knew most of this, many people here were confused. I'm glad you cleared this up.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Ortiz was Senior Producer, I think... Phil replaced him. It's a bit confusing because Phil has allowed Ian to be the face of the product, where as Ortiz was before.

When I speak of "The Madden Team", I'm talking about the dev team. The people directly under Ian. This leaves out "Central Gameplay", which is a shared resource among NCAA and Madden. This is primarily Madden's creative department, although I think each team has it's own independent art team as well. And I'm pretty sure the holdovers from the previous Maddens are fairly minimal... you have Ryan, Simon, and Michael from last year, Josh and Donny came over from HC09, Ian came over from Team Builder. From what I understand, of the dev team, most of the rest are new or returning after stints elsewhere.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ortiz was Senior Producer, I think... Phil replaced him. It's a bit confusing because Phil has allowed Ian to be the face of the product, where as Ortiz was before.
When looking online, David was under "lead producer" but I do remember seeing David as "senior producer" on another site too. I also remember Phil being the face for Madden 09 on the IGN/Gamespot vids. So yeah, it is kinda confusing. In a way it seems that both Ian and Phil replaced David. I also remember hearing that the person that did the sound/audio for the last gen madden games is coming back to do Madden 10.

Overall, it seems that the people that did the last gen maddens are coming together again with Ian being the face of it all.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-11-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

its almost like a reality show
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

When I speak of "The Madden Team", I'm talking about the dev team. The people directly under Ian. This leaves out "Central Gameplay", which is a shared resource among NCAA and Madden. This is primarily Madden's creative department, although I think each team has it's own independent art team as well. And I'm pretty sure the holdovers from the previous Maddens are fairly minimal... you have Ryan, Simon, and Michael from last year, Josh and Donny came over from HC09, Ian came over from Team Builder. From what I understand, of the dev team, most of the rest are new or returning after stints elsewhere.
Ian Cummings is under Phil Frazier. I remember seeing Ian Cummings hosting a video about Madden 06's mo-cap and their transition to next-gen consoles.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
When looking online, David was under "lead producer" but I do remember seeing David as "senior producer" on another site too. I also remember Phil being the face for Madden 09 on the IGN/Gamespot vids. So yeah, it is kinda confusing. In a way it seems that both Ian and Phil replaced David. I also remember hearing that the person that did the sound/audio for the last gen madden games is coming back to do Madden 10.

Overall, it seems that the people that did the last gen maddens are coming together again with Ian being the head of it all.
Ian Cummings is not the head of it all. He is under Phil Frazier. Ian Cummings is the lead designer and Phil Frazier is the senior producer. Phil Frazier took David Ortiz's position last year after he quit for Madden 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »