Home

Today's Blog??

This is a discussion on Today's Blog?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #49
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Today's Blog??

While I more than appreciate the new blogs each week, I seemed to enjoy them more months ago. And no, I'm certain it's not a result of me already playing the game.

It just seems they were meatier back then. They're still lightyears better than what NCAA has provided in my opinion (there's a huge dropoff there excluding the OL/DL blog), but I don't find myself on the edge of my seat reading the blogs as I was a few months back.

I guess that can be attributed to what stage we're currently in within the dev cycle. The team is busier obviously with trying to finalize the game.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #50
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I actually didnt mean to quote you.

Im sorry if you took it the wrong way...I guess I shouldve made it clearer that my post wasnt completely directed at you. Your post just reminded me of all the people who REALLY complain and whine about the blog not being up early.
No worries. I usually get on the boards 3 or 4 times a day for about 30 min or so. I have been getting on usually around the time (Monday's) that the new blogs were up. I don't care either way as it's not like I'm going to lose sleep or not buy the game.

It just gives me something to read during my down time. Anyway, no worries man. I'm mature enough not to get my panties in a bind.

DJ32

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 05-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #51
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
While I more than appreciate the new blogs each week, I seemed to enjoy them more months ago. And no, I'm certain it's not a result of me already playing the game.

It just seems they were meatier back then. They're still lightyears better than what NCAA has provided in my opinion (there's a huge dropoff there excluding the OL/DL blog), but I don't find myself on the edge of my seat reading the blogs as I was a few months back.

I guess that can be attributed to what stage we're currently in within the dev cycle. The team is busier obviously with trying to finalize the game.
No, your right..and its not really that those blog were "meatier"...they were actually about things you cared about.

Pro-Tak is something new, along with the Wildcat formation that we will have to adjust too, and no matter how many times they exmplain it or show clips -- it wont matter until we actually get that feel for it for ourselves.

Last years issues that they spoke about when they first started the blogs were what they spoke about. And if actually seemed that the Dev. team were actually seeing what we were and realized there needed to be changed (i.e. FB Dive, WR Running out of bounds, DB/WR interaction)....

Lately they have veered off from the nagging problems ever since next gen was implemented, and started speaking about the new game enhancements that will sell the game.

hopefully since they have seemly almost finished speaking about the new big 'pro tak' thing, the can go back to talking about the Franchise mode ppl complain about, or the Gameplay which I seem to always complain about (I still dont understand why Ian didnt speak about Rocket Catching when he did about FB dive, and WRs Sideline catches lmao...but anyway)...

they are doing a great job lol
Good Job Ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #52
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

@lolfalconsbeatu

I think one of the reasons Ian hasn't commented on RC is becasue of the following:

1.) It may not be fixed at all. He doesn't want to say it is fixed officially and then have a ton of [us] video guys and non video guys talk about how he was wrong and the it is in and how we have "lost all faith" in him or something.
2.) They are not ready to say it is fixed yet. Maybe they are fixing it, but aren't finished. They don't want to get our hopes up only to have it not be fully fixed come Aug 14th.
3.) It isn't the RC that is "broken" or unbalanced [the instant spin is, but not a receiver going for a jump ball/overthrown ball], it is how the defense reacts to players going for the RC. Players who are not Fitz and Moss and Smith [etc.] should not be able to go for a RC anyway, let alone come down with the ball consistantly. Defensively, you should only have to worry about players like Fitz doing the RC on you, not the TE or FB! Heck I don't think A. Bolden can RC very well in real life. If the RC were more realistic and less of an exploit limiting only top end talent to go up for the ball and bring it down and having the D react accordingly and trying to jar the ball loose will mean the RC will just be known as a junmp ball, not an exploit. If Ian remvoes the RC, or jump ball, people will rightfully complain that that isn't sim. Real players do what the RC does, just not that successfully and not all that often.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #53
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

@ PGaither84

Totally agree w/ what your saying. I know its somewhat of a sensative subject, and ppl have mixed feelings. But IMO..if the RC problem persists for another year, its would be a disappointment for me at least. Someone in another post mentioned that it should only happen in the end zone, or right before the end of the game or the half, when a QB throws up a prayer and there are a lot of defenders around like an RC is really used..

Either way, I love what Ian is doing...this is just my only true wish that gets corrected for m10. Everything else sounds great that the team has done

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »