Home

Sprinting, your opinion please

This is a discussion on Sprinting, your opinion please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How would you like sprinting in Madden be done?
Tap a button continously, the faster you tap the faster they run 44 30.14%
press and hold a single button 102 69.86%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Sprinting, your opinion please

hate tapping. too arcade-like.

plus, our controllers are quite expensive. I don't want to have to go buy a new controller every year cause my friend came over and decided he would mash the hell out of my X button just cause he thought his player wasn't moving fast enough.

no thanks. if you want an option to set your own button config fine. but I'll use the R2 trigger for sprinting thank you very much.

why not just eliminate sprinting alltogether? kinda saying this tongue in cheek, but think about it, why not do the reverse? players sprint unless you hold down a slow down button. would be used in the run game and in screens to follow your blockers. i'd rather see this than button mashing. button mashing's for kids.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
plus, our controllers are quite expensive. I don't want to have to go buy a new controller every year cause my friend came over and decided he would mash the hell out of my X button just cause he thought his player wasn't moving fast enough.
No kidding about the controllers. I'm on my 5th controller now, just for little ole me. The buttons keep going out. I didn't realize it, but those things have a year warranty. Stupid me just kept throwing them away and buying a new one. I've now spent almost as much on controllers as I have no my 360 (ok, not really, I have 2x 360's because I didn't want to wait for the first one to get back after it RRoD'd).
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
No kidding about the controllers. I'm on my 5th controller now, just for little ole me. The buttons keep going out. I didn't realize it, but those things have a year warranty. Stupid me just kept throwing them away and buying a new one. I've now spent almost as much on controllers as I have no my 360 (ok, not really, I have 2x 360's because I didn't want to wait for the first one to get back after it RRoD'd).
lol, dude you gotta have the worst luck i have ever seen. 360's have some real problems but the controllers is not one of them aside form the D pad. hell i have not had a controller go out on me since the 8-bit NES days.

as for the speed burst it really don't matter. I almost want it gone let the along stick and ratings govern it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I say neither, do it like the NHL series where speed is determined by the players speed rating...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
why not just eliminate sprinting alltogether? why not do the reverse? players sprint unless you hold down a slow down button.
No. I don't think many people would like this idea. I mean come on, hold a button down to go SLOW!! Heck no.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

keep the Madden sprint options as is. no tapping and no pressure sensitive crap in the future.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Kane's idea is actually pretty awesome if you think about it. Use the RT like a speed button on a car, and the harder + longer you hold it down, the faster you go. Couple that with special moves, and that would make for an amazing running mechanism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Personally I really don't like the way sprinting is done in madden games. I prefer to tap a button continiously to sprint (2K style) rather than to press and hold a button to see a fast player dissapear into the distance.

It's much more rewarding to tap a button and outsprint someone than to hold a button with no effort whatsoever. I wish EA can incorporate this into Madden. If they change it, it will cause power players to be more relevant as well. The last couple of Madden games I just drafted the fastest players, gave them the ball and outsprinted everyone. boringgggg

What is your opinion?
i) tap a button to sprint
ii) press and hold a button to sprint

You could always max out the CPU Pursuit setting to make it tougher for you to get to the edge and outrace them for the TD, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »