Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Sure do!

What's equally as funny is ever since Backbreaker coined the "never see the same tackle twice" phrase or whatever the lingo is, mo-capped animations are all of a sudden the devil. Now mo-cap is not good enough. It's hilarious.
Yep, and people will quickly learn why you still need MoCap. It's going to be funny to watch the tide turn on that one, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

Damn, this is not about backbreaker the game, its about Pro Tak, and the videos scene thus far on gang tackling. It appears that the defender doesn't attack the ball carrier when he's engaged with another defender unless you the end-user selects him and initiate the hit stick. The cpu just runs and grabs a hold and start line dancing with the rest of the pile. LBzrule brought up backbreaker as a point of ref. of defenders attacking the ball carrier and they do, no one is comparing Madden the game to Backbreaker the game. Focus on the big picture here, I'm all for Pro Tak, but it needs to be about attacking the ball carrier again the method should be "moth to a flame instead of bees to honey".

So if you can watch those pro tak gang tackles and say in your heart of hearts thats how defenders tackle the ball carrier then you have never played on that side of the ball.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Damn, this is not about backbreaker the game, its about Pro Tak, and the videos scene thus far on gang tackling. It appears that the defender doesn't attack the ball carrier when he's engaged with another defender unless you the end-user selects him and initiate the hit stick. The cpu just runs and grabs a hold and start line dancing with the rest of the pile. LBzrule brought up backbreaker as a point of ref. of defenders attacking the ball carrier and they do, no one is comparing Madden the game to Backbreaker the game. Focus on the big picture here, I'm all for Pro Tak, but it needs to be about attacking the ball carrier again the method should be "moth to a flame instead of bees to honey".

So if you can watch those pro tak gang tackles and say in your heart of hearts thats how defenders tackle the ball carrier then you have never played on that side of the ball.
Yeah, that's what I was going to post in another thread. The pile ups in Madden can look violent if the user comes in and does it. But the A.I tends to not be as violent. It's the whole user vs A.I discrepancy. I think the A.I needs to be more aggressive in its play.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #44
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
What I find funny about all this BackBreaker hype is how so many people crush Madden for not having certain features and wont "buy into Maddens hype" until they play it, yet I see people saying "I am so buying Backbreaker" even though the only thing BB has shown thus far is cool tackles and physics (although some are unrealstic), and crappy player models. Hardly anything else is known about the game, yet I already see people proclaiming it the Madden killer.

Can you smell the hypocrisy?
Hypocrisy? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Madden has a track record
Exactly, and a very bad one for going on half a decade now. Couple that with the exclusive NFL license and what you see isn't hypocrisy, it's an informed decision on the part of the buyer.

I'll support any game that looks new and interesting and whose premise looks like something I would enjoy and especially a game that is pushing the boundaries of game play. I won't support a game that historically failed to live up to it's basic tenet, namely representing a realistic game of football. Again, not hypocrisy, if anything, that's living up to your beliefs.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
pro tak is way more advanced than that 2k5 crap, which only allows 3 player gang tackles just like madden 09. pro tak is simulating real gang tackles when the running back is hard to take down and it takes alot of defenders to get them down. im sure madden will have some violent tackles when there are only like 2 or 3 players in on the tackle and you can come in and hit stick a player being held up.

so you need to stop hating and get out of here with that weak *** 2k5 crap which by the way they run like ******s. 2k football is done, so go play some 2k5 and get out of here.
You're a moron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Yep, and people will quickly learn why you still need MoCap. It's going to be funny to watch the tide turn on that one, lol.

How do you think they got the players in BB to run, jump, tackle, etc..? BB does use motion capture, just not canned animation for player interaction. When the players actually make contact with each other/Environment is when Euphoria kicks in.

Let me guess, you probably also think Euphoria is a physics engine, too?

Opinions means nothing if it's based on nothing.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 1

You know what it is? I swear, people are so used to staring at the same Madden animations, it's almost like it brainwashed a lot of people into what "realism" in a football game is. There isn't a single tackle in Madden that has looked realistic. Please prove me wrong.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium00
You know what it is? I swear, people are so used to staring at the same Madden animations, it's almost like it brainwashed a lot of people into what "realism" in a football game is. There isn't a single tackle in Madden that has looked realistic. Please prove me wrong.
WOW!

This is exactly what I think when I hear people say "BB is exagerated/unrealistic." Dude, you took my thoughts and made em' into words.

Great post and so true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »