Home

Thanks to Peter Moore

This is a discussion on Thanks to Peter Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Thanks to Peter Moore

Val, you know I respect you, bro, but you really should stop with the "bias" stuff. You seem to define bias as "people who don't hate EA and everything it stands for", and yet, who have openly admitted that you hate Electronic Arts claim to be the unbias. How does this work?

Yes, I got a good impression on Ian, Phil, and this team very early on and I'm not too humble to say it; I was one of the first to recognize this was something different. And it wasn't always the popular position, trust me. I've been dealing with that from every direction for a year now... early on it was "you're defending Ian Cummings, you're bias", then people realized Ian's a good dude and people said, "You think Madden 10 will be good, you're bias", then people started to realize it is taking huge leaps, now it's "you went to community day, you're bias".

If "bias" means I am going to purchase a game I like and recommend it to others, as I often do, then yes, I'm bias. I'm bias in favor of FIFA, NHL 09, College Hoops 2k8, ESPN NFL 2k5 Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind, the Total War series, and the Baldur's Gate games as well. I'm bias against Madden 08, All Pro Football, NFL 2k3, collectivist politicians, and rapists too.

There is a difference between "bias" and having an informed opinion.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #34
49ers

adembroski's Arena

God damn it, I forgot to say what I posted in here to say... regarding Moore. I know I read somewhere that he was nowhere near the 360 release, but maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter. I'll tell you exactly why I respect Peter Moore.

When the **** flew over PC Madden being benched, he said flat out, "I reserve the right not to lose money." No spin, no PR, just flat business. This is how it is. And that's how he's been with EA so far. You read his interviews, he's not shy about admitting his a business man, and I get so ****ing sick of business people pretending they're anything less than that... worse yet, acting apologetic about it.

There is nothing on Earth wrong with making money. Money is a symbol of a person's unspent productivity, and productive people are what make the world work.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Now will someone PLEASE tell me why the letters PR next to each other automatically add a dotted underline to themselves? Is the founder of this site named Paul Richards or something?

-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #36
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Definitely didn't help. He's sitting on millions earned off the consumers back and the broken XBox 360s he helped put into the market place. The XBox 360 is the ONLY console ever that I was forced to purchase more than once. Forced in the sense that if I wanted to continue playing it, I had to buy it again because it failed. Considering I have owned nearly every console since Pong (the controllers + RF unit) or Atari, that's saying a lot.
The reason why the Xbox 360 had hardware issues was because they released the game earlier to get ahead of Sony and Nintendo before they entered the next-gen market. Peter Moore was in charge of this division and he was also in charge of the original Xbox. You can't continue to pout. Microsoft will cover the E74 error, but you'll have to send it in. Peter Moore does make millions, but just think about the billions of dollars Microsoft spent to give their customers three-year warranties to cover the hardware issues. Also think about all of the heat Peter Moore have to take about Madden, and other EA Sports games on the PC. Every time someone says that they hate EA Sports, they put Peter Moore's name in it. Do you think that is fair? EA Sports has completely turned around after Peter Moore took over last year and I'll give him credit for that. I have one question for you regarding the E74 error. Did you try replacing the audio/video cable? That could be the problem or you could have used a third-party intercooler, thus resulting in the error.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 05-13-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #37
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There is a difference between "bias" and having an informed opinion.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Val, you know I respect you, bro, but you really should stop with the "bias" stuff.
From that post, you'd think I use it all the time. If you search on the board for my nick, and the word bias, I wonder how many results you'll get? Answer - Two (well three now after this post). One in this thread, and one in another.

If you look at where I used it, immedately after 'And EA ***** and 360 / PS3 has what in common?', the bias was in regards to how he responds to me. It was used there because BehindTheShadows seems to be following me from thread to thread, and appears to have a real problem with my opinion on various subjects. Even though I may point out positives and negatives, it's only the negatives he'll focus on. So being balanced, doesn't appear to meet his standards for what he believe my views on subjects should be. i.e. Thus, I feel he's biased towards me. It just happens that he has the word 'unbiased' in his signature, and it made for a nice little quip. It had absolutely nothing to do with EA/2K.

Quote:
You seem to define bias as "people who don't hate EA and everything it stands for",
All two uses of it huh? Well, I don't believe I have, and that's never been my goal/intention. I guarantee you on this board that I have been accused of bias orders of magnitude over the two times I have used the word.

Quote:
...and yet, who have openly admitted that you hate Electronic Arts claim to be the unbias. How does this work?
Believe it or not you can like or dislike something and still be unbiased towards it. It's called being objective. Regardless of my assessment of EA, and their effect on the industry, I try to evaluate the blogs, changes, and other items objectively. I'm sure many on here will say I fail in the endeavor, but I try. What I don't do is approach it with the starry eyed wonder that many of the other Madden fans approach the game, and that IMHO seems to be what angers many of the other posters.

I dislike EA, yet I compliment them on their execution. I dislike Madden '06 - '09, yet I compliment the team on the changes I see being made to '10. I have made a ton of posts with both positive and negative views, and have even gone out of my way to try to help identify ways to make the game better. I fail to to see how that falls into the 'biased' category.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »