Home

Just a thought on a new feature "REWIND"

This is a discussion on Just a thought on a new feature "REWIND" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Just a thought on a new feature "REWIND"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Those havas and other options cost about a hundred bucks or more.

I would like this feature just so I can get the footage onto my cpu and use windows movie maker type software to create my own highlights without it costing a fortune. Just having a few plays isnt quite enough for me. I play in online leagues and being able to get a whole game recorded allows your league players to do scout vids of other league owners, highlight reels, report league rule violations and show the playoff games to the league to get all the owners more into it.

I think those wanting to record entire games are a small minority but im hoping its in there.

As time goes on and games get more realistic, online leagues expand, and technology improves, I think more and more gamers will want this aspect

For now I guess it's a line out from the tv to the dvd recorder
Old 05-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I agree not a lot of people would want to sit and watch an entire game. However I'm one that would.I like this idea. Back in 04 when that other football game came out, I use to let the game run in CPU vs CPU mode and watch the game quite often. The TV style presentation was excellent. Some times it was just nice to watch a game that is not on your schedule.

I do it with MLB the show 09 also. I had The Red Sox playing the Rays the other night and a friend who is not a gamer, thought I was watching an actual game on TV for a few minutes.

What he said!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I saw this vid about movie making ability with EA's Sims 3 game. I also noticed easportsworld.com has added a widget to create highlight mashups. Im guessing they are gonna use this technology to let you capture a lot more footage, but I dont know if it will be to do a whole game, it doesnt really go into detail about how much footage can be recorded at a time. Guess we will have to wait for E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...og-w-jenn-lane
Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

this would be awesome. a few months ago i was playing in the superbowl vs the jets (subway bowl) and was down 21-0 at the half. so i switch up my defense and the gmen storm back to tie the game at 21-21. the superbowl goes to overtime for the first time evahhh and turns into a stalemate. i throw a horrible interception and the jets march to the 35 yard line and i think i'm done. but alas, the jets have doug brien, and the kick goes WIDE RIGHT! the giants then go through the air down to the six yard line, and not wanting any more BS, throw to the right end of the endzone to ike hilliard TOUCHDOWN. it was the most fun i ever had playing any game against the AI, and its a shame that it'll never happen again.

this is a must have feature for next year, for any sports game
Old 05-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
this would be awesome. a few months ago i was playing in the superbowl vs the jets (subway bowl) and was down 21-0 at the half. so i switch up my defense and the gmen storm back to tie the game at 21-21. the superbowl goes to overtime for the first time evahhh and turns into a stalemate. i throw a horrible interception and the jets march to the 35 yard line and i think i'm done. but alas, the jets have doug brien, and the kick goes WIDE RIGHT! the giants then go through the air down to the six yard line, and not wanting any more BS, throw to the right end of the endzone to ike hilliard TOUCHDOWN. it was the most fun i ever had playing any game against the AI, and its a shame that it'll never happen again.

this is a must have feature for next year, for any sports game
This is what i'm talking about, games like this and others, u would like to save and watch for future viewing, u could see all the moves and jukes u did and not the cpu. Sometimes people dont like to play all the time. With a feature like that, u could sit back and watch your game that u played. With that broadcast angle and presentation madden is adding, it would be eye candy. This is something that could be added and not much memory could be used, thats why i would like Ian to address this. I know the cpu-vs-cpu crowd is the minority, but that would be huge for us in that aspect. Give it a thought EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

That might be a nice idea. But really not interested in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »