Home

Broadcasting.

This is a discussion on Broadcasting. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Broadcasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
It's called making it look presentable. I'd say it worked.

In any case, they have been doing it. From what I understand is that they sit them in front of the game and they have them go through it for presentation. I'd say that Tom has some work to do, but Cris makes the game fresh.

As for two teams, that just dilutes the quality even further. They need one solid team, not two to three mediocre broadcasting squads.
Would you say Buck and Troy Sundays and Madden and Micheal's Sunday nights dilutes the quality in real life? I think it keeps things fresh.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree... I'd like to see, as I've said before, the options presented to FIFA fans last year, where they could download commentators via DLC to add some variety to the already stale and very broken record style of commentating that they presently have in the game...

I don't even need real names doing it.. Just a bit of flavour for the broadcasting teams in general...

It's be hillarious to have a variety of "American" accent variances like Texan, Midwestern, and my personal fave, Boston... "The qwatahback draps back... Going thwough his progessians..." That would be awesome!! LOL... It would sounds funny but it would add a lot for the regional coverage that some teams get from team radio stations...
Old 05-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
I agree... I'd like to see, as I've said before, the options presented to FIFA fans last year, where they could download commentators via DLC to add some variety to the already stale and very broken record style of commentating that they presently have in the game...

Thats awesome!

Simply put, I think Collinsworth was "ok" he could have REALLY been more live and indepth. I blame that part goes to whoever the voice director is. Hammond (sp?) Was awful. I feel like these guys KNOW its going into a game and therefore they record dialog as such and it translates as such.

What about triggers?!
Its really all about variables which I think Madden (in the Commentation department) doesn't have enough of.

EXAMPLE:

Let's say a player runs a 96 speed in the game (which translates to a 4.3) its the third quarter and he hasn't broken a run over 15 yards. The computer should automatically trigger between one ofthe two lines of commentary.

IF said players team has attempted to run the ball OVER 15+ times THEN

*Show that current players stats on the screen after the current play*

Commentator 1: "[insert player name] has been held in check for the most part this afternoon. You can see that [opposing teams defense] has really focused on keep him contained.

Commentator 2: "Well looking at those stats, its easy to tell this defense isn't going to let him lose with that 4.3 speed."

Commentator 1: "Reasonably so, all he needs is one crease and he can fly..."

Commentator 2: "All the more reason [opposing teams defense] will continue to keep him in check.

ELSE IF
said players team has attempted to run the ball UNDER 10 times then

*Show that current players stats on the screen after the current play*

Commentator 1: "I've got to say, knowing you have a player such as [insert players name], who has the ability to create such explosive plays. Why would you not get him MORE envolved?

Commentator 2: "Well, sometimes the defense plays a factor into what your able to do offensively. Yet this just isn't the case. They've simply just not given him the opportunities.
"

Commentator 1: "Tell me about it! What good is a 4.3 if the coaching staff won't unleash it."

Commentator 2: *laughing* "I'm sure [insert players name] would agree with you!"

Last edited by Jetpac; 05-12-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I never understood why they didn't just take recordings from real games. UFC did it and it works very well. You can't tell me that its too hard, THQ did it...

― Plato
Old 05-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

What I don't get is why EA doesn't just hire a couple of guys to go through NFL archives and just cut out as many audio samples as they possibly can. I mean they have access to literally hundreds of games, and if whatever is being said isn't about a specific player it is still completely relevant and useful. Do that, then have Tom and Cris record a little bit of brand new material and player names and then use some variable coding to piece everything together.

It would be a hard and tedious job, but I know EA can certainly afford to hire a couple guys specifically for that job, and it would blow every game out of the water in terms of broadcasting originality and quality. As it stands now the commentary in Madden games has always been some of the worst in any sports game for as long as I can remember.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

You guys should hear the stuff in 2K baseball this year, and in The Show... It's so perfect the way that they did it... The commentators never stop except to give the count and report on the last play... Really amazing stuff to be honnest... Like in between plays they'd be like "So what do you think about Adrian Peterson's number last year..?" and the second guy would say something like "Well he really pulled off some great numbers... Vikings now in the power I, Peterson takes the ball and gets about three yards... He pulled off some great numbers last year and to think that he was only in his second year..." Both have done a great job in this department and both have recreated the sounds of watching a baseball game... Heck, download the demos and just listen to all the stuff going on as far as audio is concerned...
Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree 100%. EA did make them record in the same booths instead of seperate ones like last year, but it will become monotonous over time. As for multipe teams, i think that would be great but id like to see one solid team first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Conversation that carried on throughout multiple plays would add a lot to the "broadcast." Especially in blowouts when the game itself basically becomes a back drop.

Also, like many others have said, an extra broadcast crew or two would do wonders for this game. Right now, every game feels the same. We should have a B-Team for some games. It doesn't even have to be real commentators. It could be guys at the EA office doing the voice recordings for all I care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »