Home

This quote alone from Ian has me more excited than I've ever been for a game...

This is a discussion on This quote alone from Ian has me more excited than I've ever been for a game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #73
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: This quote alone from Ian has me more excited than I've ever been for a game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
i really dont understand why everyone loves presentation soo much. i think they should of soley worked on gameplay all year and nothing else presentation is like the chocolate syrup to the ice cream that is gameplay. all you guys want is chocolate syrup but no ice cream apparenty.
Right on cue.

Always at least once a day.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: This quote alone from Ian has me more excited than I've ever been for a game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
When I read about the new animation system, I was fully expecting a brand new animation system, which we got, but not one that fixes the animations / rendering in the game, instead there's a new procedural based animation system built on top of the old animation system. To me, while good (gang tackling is awesome) that was a let down from the get go, and I'm sure if you read many of my posts, you have noticed it's one of the items I continue to call out (even though you say not to in your blog).
I understand how you feel, but if they added a completely new system, I think they would not be able to deliver what they are delivering this year. Now if they had to make a Madden once every 2 years then that would be cool, however with the limitations of time, I cannot see them making a new animation system then turning around and making protak and presentation updates then turn around do a black flip and bring in the wr and db play.

Offtopic: I wonder if they do Test Driven Development for madden... with unit tests?

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #75
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Idea for Madden: Blitz timing

Allowing a LB or DB to time a running start on a blitz. Now this is what we see on Sunday. Example: player cycles through defense and selects a free safety....then "clicks" the right analog (ie press down--this is hardly used)....free safety begins sprint to the line of scrimmage either right before the snap or has click the analog again to stop the motion....if the player doesn't time this right he's offsides....

This is just an example....maybe others have ideas to tweak this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Instead of looking @ NHL/FIFA Ian, you actually should be looking @ 2K once again. In all their 09 products they have introduced:

2k/HD Real-Time Atmosphere

This system is all about the Cameras. The days of Cut-Scenes are gone. Everything is done in real-time. Right now I believe all their 09 games have it. Though still rough around the edges. it's great to see everything happening in real-time..

This is the future of Sports Gaming Presentation

EDIT: Ian on the run-plays in the last Pro-Tak Video, I saw different camera angles change with the play "ALL in Real-Time". Please tell me they were all in-game & not replays....

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 05-13-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #77
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
I agree..I love the presentation if it can be kept fresh somehow. A franchise mode is a great incentive to keep players coming back. If the presentation in modes like that are great..them I think you have solved the problem. I'm not really a fan of teambuilder..but the fact you can create a team online and import it into the game a week before the game comes out to me is genius. Imagine if madden allowed us to set up our online franchises days before the game is released....

Last edited by Smoke316; 05-13-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

If Ian and his team cant surpass 2k5 in the presentation aspect of the game, tbey cant say ****. Regardless of the 9 man tackles and other stuff. If u play the game and it gets boring after a month like 09, its done in vain. I have faith in Ian, but i will also not stand for less. Especially after 5 years, its no excuses now...POINTBLANK!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 6

Presentation will alwys get boring after a while. If the gameplay is sound you won't ever get bored
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 18

That is a nice quote from Ian and I sincerely hope they deliver on presentation this year. This is Madden's biggest issue IMO. While NHL and Fifa do have great presentation, if you really want to be the best in the business you need to top NBA2K9 and MLB 09 The Show.

Its all about authentic camera angle options. Make us look twice to see if we're watching a live game or playing Madden and you will have exceeded my guarded expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »