Home

Will any of thes "lite" PS2 features be in M10?

This is a discussion on Will any of thes "lite" PS2 features be in M10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Will any of thes "lite" PS2 features be in M10?

By "lite" I mean little things. Not talking about On-line franchise or camera angles, just little things...

I seriously doubt any of these are "back of the box" material, so I figured Ian could probably chime in, and if not, oh well, but hopefully at least some of these have made the long awaited trip over:

1. Audibles on the Fly
  2. 1st Down Marker Zone
    1. This is where you have a playemaker that tells the defender to drop back to the 1st down marker.
  3. DB Shading
  4. Individual defender assignments:
    1. Ability to individually bump WRs
    2. Ability to individually play lose coverage
  5. PS2 Playmaker Control Scheme:
    1. I'm very hopeful on this one, I really could not stand the Next Gen playmaker controls.
I think that's about it... there might be more but I can't think of it at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Will any of thes "lite" PS2 features be in M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
By "lite" I mean little things. Not talking about On-line franchise or camera angles, just little things...

I seriously doubt any of these are "back of the box" material, so I figured Ian could probably chime in, and if not, oh well, but hopefully at least some of these have made the long awaited trip over:

1. Audibles on the Fly
  2. 1st Down Marker Zone
    1. This is where you have a playemaker that tells the defender to drop back to the 1st down marker.
  3. DB Shading
    1. I'm very hopeful on this one, I really could not stand the Next Gen playmaker controls.
I think that's about it... there might be more but I can't think of it at the moment.
Bolded the most important aspects to me.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Individual defender assignments are in the game:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...teraction.aspx

Here is an early screenshot of what it is going to look like. Obviously this was very early during the making of the game since some info appears to be missing/distorted:

Old 05-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Sweet, finally after half a decade the best features are re-appearing.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Individual defender assignments are in the game:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...teraction.aspx

Here is an early screenshot of what it is going to look like. Obviously this was very early during the making of the game since some info appears to be missing/distorted:

That's not really what I meant, I can see though that my wording was not the best.

I'm referring to the ability to tell one DB to bump and not have them ALL bump... or to tell one DB to play loose coverage and the other to bump... things like that.

My bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
That's not really what I meant, I can see though that my wording was not the best.

I'm referring to the ability to tell one DB to bump and not have them ALL bump... or to tell one DB to play loose coverage and the other to bump... things like that.

My bad.
I know exactly what you mean as far individually pressing one reciever and not pressing another pre-snap. I honestly can't give you a defenite answer on that. I would assume yes since it took them so long to get defense assignments back in next gen madden. It probably took them so long because they could not get all the aspects to work operate properly in the game. Hopefully they that gave you a little more reassurance than you had before.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

1. Audibles on the Fly
  2. 1st Down Marker Zone
  3. DB Shading

What do you mean by audibles on the fly? If you're refering to formation audibles those are already in next gen madden. Also DB shading does really need to be put back in the game it gave a real risk/reward factor on both offensive and defensive sides of the ball.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

What about Formation-Shifts? I love using these in old gen madden. Are these in Madden 10?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »