Home

Is Madden 10 make or break for you?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 10 make or break for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #41
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Is Madden 10 make or break for you?

I hope this is a good year for madden, if it is it will be my first purchase since 07'. I was a fan of madden on sega and ps2/xbox but I bought the first next gen madden and haven't since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #42
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
well put Valderez i always laugh at these clowns who say " o man im never buying this game again, ea sucks blah blah blah" only to be the first ones giddy over a new feature and waiting on line at 11 30 the night before the game is released lol. I guess you can link this as being the first full cycle for Peter Moore and this is how he envisions things happening for EA. if so kudos to him as well
Well, I'm kind of one of those clowns. I dislike EA's business practices and I refuse to support a monopoly on anything, and thus will never purchase the game due to the exclusive license deal (personal preference). I will however, respect a good game, and play the game (after I buy it via eBay, used). I have every year of Madden ever made I think, but I haven't purchased one new since the 2005 game. I just don't think the game quality when it comes to sports games will be enough to cause someone to quit playing the game forever.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #43
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Well, I'm kind of one of those clowns. I dislike EA's business practices and I refuse to support a monopoly on anything, and thus will never purchase the game due to the exclusive license deal (personal preference). I will however, respect a good game, and play the game (after I buy it via eBay, used). I have every year of Madden ever made I think, but I haven't purchased one new since the 2005 game. I just don't think the game quality when it comes to sports games will be enough to cause someone to quit playing the game forever.
Well the lack of competition i could see some not liking. I agree that it does bring out the best in both games. However, to me as long as they keep taking this approach and putting us in the community to work( finding QB stances and celebrations) to help advance the game i could live with that. And personally i always respect a person (Lebron James) or a company ( EA Sports) that CRUSHES the competition.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #44
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
I wanted to make sure the community is aware that EA is doing this for the mighty dollar.
Imo also...no doubt that everything revolves back to the bottom line.

If EA had nothing to gain from interacting with the internet communities, I'm quite sure they wouldn't bother to be on the boards that they are. However...theres nothing wrong imo with a win/win situation. The interaction has won a lot of people over, and that can only help with sales. But if we're getting an improved game out of it...win/win. I'm cool with that.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden 09 was the make or break for me when I suppported Madden for years and bought every game the first day, not at midnight like others however (I never understood that outrageous mid-night purchase). That Madden really opened my eyes. This year, I'm waiting until about 5-10 days to read reviews and see if anyone who has the game find any bit of problems with the FRANCHISE freezing or other issues. If everything is good, I'll stalk Amazon until someone has it used (there will be someone like always w/every new game) and I'll buy it. Nonetheless, I'm impresssed with EA's new direction regarding Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #46
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

have you seen the ps3's lineup this year? madden isn't make or break for that very reason. if '10 sucks, i'll have more than enough sony exclusives to play until '11 arrives. not to mention red dead redemption. that game looks sick.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #47
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
Madden 09 was the make or break for me when I suppported Madden for years and bought every game the first day, not at midnight like others however (I never understood that outrageous mid-night purchase). That Madden really opened my eyes. This year, I'm waiting until about 5-10 days to read reviews and see if anyone who has the game find any bit of problems with the FRANCHISE freezing or other issues. If everything is good, I'll stalk Amazon until someone has it used (there will be someone like always w/every new game) and I'll buy it. Nonetheless, I'm impresssed with EA's new direction regarding Madden.
i give you credit i could NEVER wait a week after coming on here and reading how peeps love the game. What i have been did last yr was read all the reviews and see what OS and the forums say about it, then online lunch break ill go get the game and torture myself with the instruction MANUAL until i get home. you know theyll be someone who by the time 2 oclock rolls around on aug 14th would have simmed at least 2 seasons of franchise so well get some feedback on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
have you seen the ps3's lineup this year? madden isn't make or break for that very reason. if '10 sucks, i'll have more than enough sony exclusives to play until '11 arrives. not to mention red dead redemption. that game looks sick.
I want a PS3 so bad so i could play MGS4 but i refuse to spend 400 to play one game

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
i give you credit i could NEVER wait a week after coming on here and reading how peeps love the game. What i have been did last yr was read all the reviews and see what OS and the forums say about it, then online lunch break ill go get the game and torture myself with the instruction MANUAL until i get home. you know theyll be someone who by the time 2 oclock rolls around on aug 14th would have simmed at least 2 seasons of franchise so well get some feedback on that.

I want a PS3 so bad so i could play MGS4 but i refuse to spend 400 to play one game
If I get some quick info in a day or two, I'll definitely get it on Amazon, but I won't be rushing out the first day and get it. I'll be okay anyway because I'll be getting Backbreaker, even though it will lack NFL teams and other NFL likeness. I doubt that it'll be better than Madden 10 because it's a new game. I'll just be getting it just to play something. Hopefully it has a Franchise mode; if not, I'll still get it because it looks interesting (even though it'll reduce my replay value like APF 2k8 because of no franchise).

Moreover, for the first time, I'm interested in NCAA Football, because I've never played a college game because I was under the impression it was similar to Madden, but NCAA Football 10 has impressed me -- especially the team building. Thus, that's on my list.

Speaking on PS3, I, too, wanted to get one so bad to buy The Show 09, since Xbox 360 doesn't have a good baseball game -- thanks to 2k's mess of a game called MLB 2k9. (Damn I miss MVP 05, best Baseball game I've ever played, and still own it till this day.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »