Home

Is Madden 10 make or break for you?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 10 make or break for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #49
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is Madden 10 make or break for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
If I get some quick info in a day or two, I'll definitely get it on Amazon, but I won't be rushing out the first day and get it. I'll be okay anyway because I'll be getting Backbreaker, even though it will lack NFL teams and other NFL likeness. I doubt that it'll be better than Madden 10 because it's a new game. I'll just be getting it just to play something. Hopefully it has a Franchise mode; if not, I'll still get it because it looks interesting (even though it'll reduce my replay value like APF 2k8 because of no franchise).

Moreover, for the first time, I'm interested in NCAA Football, because I've never played a college game because I was under the impression it was similar to Madden, but NCAA Football 10 has impressed me -- especially the team building. Thus, that's on my list.

Speaking on PS3, I, too, wanted to get one so bad to buy The Show 09, since Xbox 360 doesn't have a good baseball game -- thanks to 2k's mess of a game called MLB 2k9. (Damn I miss MVP 05, best Baseball game I've ever played, and still own it till this day.)
yes jump on NCAA Football, if u like franchise you will LOVE there online dynasty. Im hoping madden has adapted some of their techniques. If they have this yr will DEF me a make yr for you.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
I wanted to make sure the community is aware that EA is doing this for the mighty dollar.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with that statement.

OS makes up, what, maybe .01% of the Madden buying population. Ian's first words on here was he wasn't on here for PR or Marketing purposes.

So far, he hasn't lead us down the wrong path.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 12

If it has any freezing issues I definitely won't be paying to much attention next year.

Like I said in my other post (that got slammed by a mod and closed), I think when this year gets released it is going to be very interesting one way or another. But maybe talking about that is in my best interest. I better be quite before tj decides to beat me with the ban hammer though...

I expect great things this year but who knows....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #52
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'll have to respectfully disagree with that statement.

OS makes up, what, maybe .01% of the Madden buying population. Ian's first words on here was he wasn't on here for PR or Marketing purposes.

So far, he hasn't lead us down the wrong path.
thats why i truly believe what their doing and i dont think its just to increase sales. they spend a lot of time on this sight and give us access to a lot of things we havent been accustommed to in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
If it has any freezing issues I definitely won't be paying to much attention next year.

Like I said in my other post (that got slammed by a mod and closed), I think when this year gets released it is going to be very interesting one way or another. But maybe talking about that is in my best interest. I better be quite before tj decides to beat me with the ban hammer though...

I expect great things this year but who knows....
It is going to be, it'll be the first yr with this approach that they are taking. Ill be interested to read the reviews from sites like Ign and 1up to see if they mention the feedback aspect of development. Ea deserves a lot of credit for that.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
where in the world did you get this information out of curiosity?

I did a quick search and it seems as though Madden had a revenue of $130 million + in August alone, which was an increase over 2008.
not to say that those numbers are wrong or right but for informational purposes revenue is not the same as profit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »