Home

Madden Strategy Book...

This is a discussion on Madden Strategy Book... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden Strategy Book...

people buy those? REALLY?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
I'm saying there is no strategy found in the guide that will help you beat players online. Of course you strategize in any game. I'm just saying the book isn't helpful in that regard.

Now that Madden is taking a more "sim" approach, and Ian has stated that he wants the game to be accessible so that a coach can outplay a Tourney player...I wouldn't mind seeing a strategy book...I know the basics of football, but there are a lot of things I don't know, or would like to know more about...

Maybe if they had a strategy guide wherein they spoke with actual NFL coaches to get even a basic idea of the schemes they run and talk about some of the plays they run (how it is supposed to work, etc)...it doesn't have to be the full playbook....but just a general idea...I think it'd be a great addition and something I would probably pay the extra $20 for...

I wouldn't expect for the to tell us how to beat somebody just teach us more about footbal so when I call a play I have a puropse to choose a play.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #19
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
What do I need that book for just to play football. Any moron can play madden if they have a half of a brain.

There is a ton of strategy in football, every play is a set up for the next you can run a ton of plays out of the same formation; and since every time you line up it looks the same as the last play you create confusion among the defense. Now on the other hand you can also run the same play from many different
formations, this is a strategy used by many NFL teams. It allows the coaching staff to view the defense and attack the vulnerable areas based on defensive weaknesses from the last time they ran the same play out of a different formation.
A strategy guide would be a great idea, as long as it has explanation of possible offensive and defensive strategy.

As a comparison take All Pro 2K8 has a ton of strategy, every team is essentially the same strength. So when you face off you must account for strengths and weaknesses, if someone has great interior D but week at the corners hopefully you have a balanced enough O to take advantage.

Football is a very simple sport and your right anybody can play it, but don't be mistaken just because its simple doesn't mean its easy.

Last edited by mars85042; 05-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

I never purchased a Madden guide, but I remember the Head Coach '09 Guide was pretty handy. But that's because there were so many unexplained features one wouldn't know which way to start without one (or a good forum to go to ).
Old 05-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Now that Madden is taking a more "sim" approach, and Ian has stated that he wants the game to be accessible so that a coach can outplay a Tourney player...I wouldn't mind seeing a strategy book...I know the basics of football, but there are a lot of things I don't know, or would like to know more about...

Maybe if they had a strategy guide wherein they spoke with actual NFL coaches to get even a basic idea of the schemes they run and talk about some of the plays they run (how it is supposed to work, etc)...it doesn't have to be the full playbook....but just a general idea...I think it'd be a great addition and something I would probably pay the extra $20 for...

yeah that sounds good - i'm surprised EA marketing hadn't thought of that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
Madden doesn't really have enough strategy to talk about...
+1
Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
+1

Old 05-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
-2 ... ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »