Home

Why are some of the new features each year decreased or eliminated in future games?

This is a discussion on Why are some of the new features each year decreased or eliminated in future games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Why are some of the new features each year decreased or eliminated in future games?

Madden 2003 - mini camp introduced. Very appealing. Eliminated in madden 2006 (that may be inaccurate). Create-a-playbook introduced. Also eliminated.

Madden 2004 - owner mode introduced. This was pretty much perfected in madden 2005, but the depth of the new mode was decreased in future installments.

Madden 2005 - create-a-fan introduced. Although not a revolutionary mode, it was fun to see your created fan celebrating after a touchdown. This has been eliminated. Madden 2005 boasted the best franchise, a big component of it was due to the "storyline central" with the radio talk shows and newspaper articles about your team and others in the league. This was also eliminated.

Madden 2006 - superstar mode introduced. Used the regular gameplay camera (personally, I found this to be much better than the current camera). The superstar mode was very in depth, showing the athlete's apartment. QB vision was introduced (I personally didn't like the vision cone, but some people did). Superstar is not at the same level it used to be and the vision cone has been scrapped altogether.

Madden 2007 - lead blocker control introduced. Very underwhelming; not used very often.

Madden 2008 - new presentation introduced with Mashall's Minute before and after the game (if you can consider it presentation). This was scrapped in madden 2009. Weapons introduced, which will not be in madden 10.

With madden, the development team should be building upon their previous installment each year provided that the new features they created are productive and appealing to us.

Why do they get rid some great features that I would love to have today, such as the madden 05 franchise or the madden 06 superstar mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why are some of the new features each year decreased or eliminated in future game

To be reintroduced as new features in future maddens
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why are some of the new features each year decreased or eliminated in future game

I deffinately miss the storyline central i used to love seeing headlines about battles in the pre season for starting spots.

I think sometimes things are cut because they are underwhelming and they probably werent the best idea compared to the next idea. but we lost a lot with the switch to next gen. Because EA decided not to just port over the previous years madden from ps2 and xbox to the 360 and they started from scratch, it was exactly that a brand new game. I think this jump and where the game is in this development cycle is diffrent than the jump from the 16-bit to cd/dvd based games because of the expectations and abilitites of these consoles. I'm sure with time and good people doing good work we'll have next gen games that feel as complete as some of the older games. I think we're close . . . .
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yea story line central was done well. Sometimes it was a little over the top but it was still a good feature that made it to where it didn't feel like your team was the only one that existed.

The Tony Bruno show, even though repetitive, was a nice touch too.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

i just miss the holdout to do a movie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
I deffinately miss the storyline central i used to love seeing headlines about battles in the pre season for starting spots.

I think sometimes things are cut because they are underwhelming and they probably werent the best idea compared to the next idea. but we lost a lot with the switch to next gen. Because EA decided not to just port over the previous years madden from ps2 and xbox to the 360 and they started from scratch, it was exactly that a brand new game. I think this jump and where the game is in this development cycle is diffrent than the jump from the 16-bit to cd/dvd based games because of the expectations and abilitites of these consoles. I'm sure with time and good people doing good work we'll have next gen games that feel as complete as some of the older games. I think we're close . . . .

I hate to make excuses for them, but I think that pretty much sums it up- they had to start over, and they decided to leave some things out. That would explain certain things finally making a come back this year, like refs on the field.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 19

(Old Gen)
Owner mode/franchise was perfect on old madden
Storyline central was awesome
Minicamp drills before season...loved these, my favorite was the QB evading the green balls drill.

(Next Gen)
Superstar didn't like it but nice addition.
Lead block...worthless
Weapons...dumb gimmick

Anyone notice someting about what most people have liked about Madden Series?

*Hint*....cough...Old Gen features...cough
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardnmayo
To be reintroduced as new features in future maddens
That's very annoying lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »