Home

Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!)

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
I've been chilling for quite sometime; it's not like I'm speaking nonsense. I just felt the need to address this since the past years it's been a problem. Like many, I hope you're right about the Franchise.
your 100% right. iv'e had freeze problems before too.
so annoying.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
i don't get it? why does he have to chill out? he shouldn't start a thread about a serious problem he's been having or make a post about the problem?
Well I mean come on freaking out over something that is most likly been addressed already by Ian crew nothing to loss your head over. I rented madden 09 I know what ya'll mean. But good god chill out wait until you get the game and try it out. I am sure Ian will address all the franchise stuff when E3 conference around in a few weeks. So until then stop worrying some much. Worrying ain't going to make the game any better.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have not experienced a "franchise freezing" problem and i have played Next-Gen Madden since 08.

The one problem i have seen though that bothers me a little is that maybe you sim a game and it says you won 22-17. Okay, but then you go to look at the scoring summary and it says you won 20-19. Just bothers me a little.

Josh Looman has come out with one franchise blog fixing the logic (mainly regarding free agency and re-signing/releasing players) in the game and the draft and draft scouting. I can't wait for another franchise blog. Hopefully it'll be the very next Madden '10 blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well I mean come on freaking out over something that is most likly been addressed already by Ian crew nothing to loss your head over. I rented madden 09 I know what ya'll mean. But good god chill out wait until you get the game and try it out. I am sure Ian will address all the franchise stuff when E3 conference around in a few weeks. So until then stop worrying some much. Worrying ain't going to make the game any better.
dude who is freaking out? it's just people talking about freezing problems in MADDEN.this is a MADDEN forum correct? if the threads are a prob let the mods do their job's. you should chill for once.

Worry does make the game better. you get **** fixed by putting pressure on the issue. the only pressure or contribution you make is telling others what they should or shouldn't be posting and boosting Ian's ego because every post of yours has Ian's name and a reassurance that Ian knows and hes working oh so hard to get it fixed as if it's been Macro'd into your posts, it would be easier if you just put it in your sig. get off dudes balls already man

Last edited by PlatooN; 05-14-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

I had a franchise in which i was in year 3 and every time i would sim the rest of the games for the week it would freeze, it was so frustrating because of all the work i had put into this franchise and ultimately i had to delete the franchise cuz it was as good as corrupt. i also had a similar problem with a separate franchise but it somehow worked it self out and i was about to continue on
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
It seems like you wanna start trouble. By your comments, I clearly see your intensions by trying to silent people, claiming to stop freaking out. No one is freaking out nor complaining. In fact, if I wanted to make a complaint, I would have done so without any ****ing care, because I don't hold my tongue for anyone. Nonetheless, this thread was simply to mention the previous issues about Franchsie Freezing in the past Maddens. With past issues, this thread is warranted. But, I am optimistic (or at least trying to be) -- because EA is trying to put out the best Madden ever.

Last edited by THUG-Z; 05-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

I believe that Pantherbeast is simply being optimistic, and believes that the Devs have already worked on this...matter of factly, Donny Moore stated in a thread that Josh was getting Franchise into "final form," so it should already be addressed, if it will be addressed by release. Just trying to be the peacemaker...

Now, onto the topic...I've never had a franchise freeze on me in 09...I do not doubt that it happens (as I've had it freeze in other places in-game), and I do not doubt that it is infuriatingly frustrating when you're a few years in and you have to start over...however, I was not able to finish many years of the franchise because of how broken all the logic was...it just wasn't any fun.

And...there is a Highlight Show in Franchise now...I have been told by secret sources that it was "awesome"...but I don't have specifics...so now people can stop saying "It needs [insert feature here] from 2k5"...I don't want to play a 2k5 clone. If I wanted to do that, I'd just play 2k5. So please...stop with the comparisons. Let's see what EA's got for us...if it sucks, then we can continue with the pining for 2k5...'kay?

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
So far so good regarding Madden 10, but I have my reservations.

I’ve been around watching/reading a few threads by Ian Cummings and others at EA, but I haven’t heard anything about the FRANCHISE MODE, the most important feature in the game to me. The reason I bring this up is because the obvious: Franchise Mode has been BROKEN in every single MADDEN via FREEZING. Again Franchise FREEZING has hurt Madden ever since the launch of the new console: Madden 06, 07, 08, and 09 was the worst.

I am trying to be optimistic about Madden 10, because the updates that I’ve seen so far looks promising, but every single time I try to stay positive, something in my mind tells me, “Don’t be fooled by what you see, for the FRANCHSIE MODE has failed since Madden 06 via FREEZING.”

Madden 09 is when I had my last straw and decided to address the whole Franchise Mode in an article and reviewed the game via a 10-page article as a whole – to point out every single faults. I posted the piece on EA Sports’ forum, which made its way to Operation Sports (I wasn’t signed up at the time, but was viewing). Surprisingly, Ian took offense and claimed I had no clue what I was talking about, which was all good because the facts could not be denied.

Realizing the issue with Franchise Mode due to hundreds of complaints on EA Sports’ Forum and elsewhere, a patch was released to fix the franchise and it was fruitless (like many people know). This is what concerns me the most, because something tells me the same thing may happen with Madden 10. Why do I think this? Well, simple, because previous Maddens suffered from the same problems. Madden 06 had a freezing issue which was known by EA, and the issue was said to be fixed for Madden 07 and it was not, because that, too, had the same FREEZING bug. Madden 08 was the same exact thing, the Franchise would constantly freeze for no reason at all. And Madden 09 was the winner and stood in a class of its own, due to freezing in every aspect of Franchise (e.g., trading players, training players, off-season, gameplay, viewing stats, and many more).

When it comes to Madden Franchise, I have never completed a 10-year season by way of playing, only through simulation. My Franchise in Madden 09 actually stopped on the third season for some reason. For this reason (and more other issues with the game), I had no interest anymore and quickly got my 1,000 achievement points and divorced the game entirely, selling it on Amazon in a month in a half after struggling through the Franchise.

Therefore, I really hope, REALLY HOPE, that developers at EA go through a detailed scrutiny (if not done already) of the FRANCHISE issues from every aspect, every angle, to find if it has the same lingering FREEZING BUG from the previous four Maddens to ensure that gamers have a trouble-free game experience. Fixing any problems now would be advantageous because no patches would be necessary when the game hits stores’ shelves. Some people may say “hell with Franchise because they don’t play it as much,” but in all honesty, Franchise Mode is what makes Madden what it is. Without Franchise mode, the game loses its value and long-term play value.

I, personally, wouldn’t support Madden for the last few years (9 plus years or so) if it had no Franchise – because that’s what I play 95% of the time (including most people I know).

The strange thing however is this: after being disgusted with Madden 09, I made the decision and came to a firm conclusion that I’d never buy a Madden again the first day (or support a Madden game period – but something about playing with NFL teams just keeps pulling me in). And plus, I like taking my Dolphins to the Super Bowl and this year is no different. (I gotta get J. Taylor and C. Pennington that ring.)

Like I said earlier, from what I’ve seen so far, Madden 10 looks promising (so buying it will likely happen due to NFL teams) and a step-up from Madden 09, but the freezing Franchise it what scares me to death. So this year, I hope that Madden 10 breaks that cycle of Freezing Franchise because it’s a killer. I’m surprised the other Maddens didn’t have a 25-point Achievement called FRANCHISE FREEZE since it was so prominent from 06 to 09. That’s basically it about the freezing issue.

Miscellaneous Issues: Not as important as the Freezing Franchise but important, nonetheless.

Speaking of Franchise, I hope the other areas are improved such as stats and real commentary that remembers past events. For example, ever since I’ve played Madden the score ALWAYS stops at 255 (not every game). Yes, I play 15 minute quarters on All-Pro and score that much (never accomplished such feat on All-Madden).

The sack totals for a season always stops at 63 or 65, I believe it’s the former.

The QB’s TDs in a season always stops at 163 or somewhere in that range -- but not sure.

There are other stats that stop at a certain numbers but can’t recall any now.

In regard to the commentary, I hope the players’ stats from previous seasons are recognized by the announcers. For example, if Jason Taylor records 45 sacks in season 1, the announcers in Season 2 should acknowledge that and say, something like, “JT had a great season last year and recorded 45 sacks,” and so on – and show the numbers from the previous year. ESPN 2k5 had a similar system and acknowledged the players’ past season via stats, etc.

Moreover, an ESPN halftime show that mirrors that of 2k5 would be advantageous. It doesn’t even have to be like 2k5, it just needs something interesting, but a halftime show that shows the ACTUAL PLAYS that occurred in the game. Before someone claims that I’m a 2k fanboy or some other fatuous garbage simply because I’m making comparisons, I just want to make it clear that I first played 2k5 and APF 2k8 in 08 after selling my Madden 09. And I’m happy I made those purchases, for 2k5 was a breath of fresh air and left me in AWE – best football game ever.

Nonetheless, I hope the MAIN issue of this piece – FREZING FRANCHISE – is free from fault when it gets released in August. Besides the franchise issue (and lack of info), what I've seen thus far is good to impressive.
I think Franchise mode is a big improvment this year and I dont think they want to start releasing information until E3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »