Home

Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!)

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #17
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Franchise Mode concerns for M10 (main concern-FREEZING!)

Man i feel you on the franchise freezing problem. My first two franchises last year on 09 froze before i could even start my 2nd season in franchise. To be honest that pretty much ruined the game for me. It was very frustrating playing thru a whole season and going thru the off season and then going into the pre season in year two and all that being thrown down the drain because of freezing. To me 09 was a good game and could've been a fantastic game if it not for the freezing. I really truely hope they have fixed these issues this year, because if they are, i think this could be the best Madden in a long while.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Just another reason to wait a few weeks to see if there is the freezing/crashing issue with this one.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Next-gen Madden has never once froze for me, except for Madden 06, and that was because it was my console screwing up, not the game.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I believe that Pantherbeast is simply being optimistic, and believes that the Devs have already worked on this...matter of factly, Donny Moore stated in a thread that Josh was getting Franchise into "final form," so it should already be addressed, if it will be addressed by release. Just trying to be the peacemaker...

Now, onto the topic...I've never had a franchise freeze on me in 09...I do not doubt that it happens (as I've had it freeze in other places in-game), and I do not doubt that it is infuriatingly frustrating when you're a few years in and you have to start over...however, I was not able to finish many years of the franchise because of how broken all the logic was...it just wasn't any fun.

And...there is a Highlight Show in Franchise now...I have been told by secret sources that it was "awesome"...but I don't have specifics...so now people can stop saying "It needs [insert feature here] from 2k5"...I don't want to play a 2k5 clone. If I wanted to do that, I'd just play 2k5. So please...stop with the comparisons. Let's see what EA's got for us...if it sucks, then we can continue with the pining for 2k5...'kay?
I HOPE they found the bug and fixed it lol. I feel his pain though it sucks to play a franchise, put in all that time and effort only to have it freeze on you. I think Thugs post was fine on the issue. Now I know we havent gotten a lot of news on franchise and we will in about2 weeks but his concerns are warranted. We all had that problem with running out of FA, and thankfully that was fixed. So lets just give them a chance to release some real info on the subject and hopefully they can take our feedback and implement it before its too late.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
I HOPE they found the bug and fixed it lol. I feel his pain though it sucks to play a franchise, put in all that time and effort only to have it freeze on you. I think Thugs post was fine on the issue. Now I know we havent gotten a lot of news on franchise and we will in about2 weeks but his concerns are warranted. We all had that problem with running out of FA, and thankfully that was fixed. So lets just give them a chance to release some real info on the subject and hopefully they can take our feedback and implement it before its too late.
Oh God, I remember the running out of free agents to sign bug (what was that, 08', '07?). That's pretty inexcusable not to have tested for that prior to release. That had to be EA's low point. The game was literally unplayable.

Thank God for the new dev team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

It's difficult to think of anything more frustrating than lock ups.

Madden '09' froze on me once. But I didn't really play the game all that much...or get that deep into it. My personal policy on this issue is...any new game I buy that locks up even once within the first few weeks...back to the store it goes, for a new copy. And I'll keep doing that until I'm satisfied. I'm a pretty easy going guy, but I'm not paying $60+ for a game I feel I can't even play.

I have my doubts getting a different copy matters. But I figure someones going to get inconvenienced besides just me, by if need be, me repeatedly returning the game. Hopefully the manufacturer at some point. But anyway...I sure agree with THUG, nothing would ruin M10 faster for me as well, as game freezes. Hopefully this won't be a problem.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think the OP is absolutely justified with the post. We'll just have to wait and see.

PS: Nobody has to 'chill out' on a forum post, probably just typing stuff and wasting time at work anyways - how chill is that?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

This is actually my biggest worry this year.

Last year it took a long time before the game was playable to me without crashing. I also still have freezes on Head Coach.

I have all the faith is the present team with every thing else they released and am optimistic about Franchise Mode's potential this year.

But I am worried about being able to actually play the game for the first month or so without possibly having to start over because of freezing issues like last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »