Home

Superstar Mode Suggestions

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode Suggestions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Superstar Mode Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
wow..that was like 4 dumb ideas in a row..You dont scrap a mode with that kind of potential.
At least they were ideas.....

How can you talk when all you did was criticize other peoples ideas and didn't even incorporate your own?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
At least they were ideas.....

How can you talk when all you did was criticize other peoples ideas and didn't even incorporate your own?
So that was your idea on how to improve it? scrap it?...ok

I take back what I said anyway..Its just somewhat annoying for so many people to say just get rid of it..Maybe one day that might actually do that and I just dont think thats smart..The chance to somewhat live the life of an nfl superstar? I mean come on..but anyway..my bad again..
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
For me superstar mode is a waste of space. I sure don't have no use for it. I wheather use the space for a more deeper franchise mode. where the can add more stuff into it.
Although I'm not a big fan of superstar mode, I think that you should respect the people who like it and want it to be improved. I've played it before, and I think there's plenty of room for improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #12
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
So that was your idea on how to improve it? scrap it?...ok

I take back what I said anyway..Its just somewhat annoying for so many people to say just get rid of it..Maybe one day that might actually do that and I just dont think thats smart..The chance to somewhat live the life of an nfl superstar? I mean come on..but anyway..my bad again..
lol..im sorry, but my idea was a little more brief than 'scrap it'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
All of your ideas are good -- but for me...its like if the team doesnt do dramatic improvements like you and the rest of the community have been calling for...

Scrap It!

I think there is just sooooo much things on EAs plate right now especially with gameplay/presentation alone (not to mention Franchise Mode)

...they should scrap Superstar Mode, get back on track with the Franchise Mode...improve the gameplay and presentation...Than in a couple of years...take the foundation they have for Superstar Mode now, and make it what it should have been all along...

Basically...save money and space with something you know needs to be all redone, and come back stronger with one of Madden's best modes that has proved to be one of the biggest money makers in the videogame -- Franchise Mode. Once that is totally fixed, ( along with presentation and gameplay...than go back to Superstar.

...because lets all be honest -- even the people that dont want superstar mode to be taken out, definitely do not purchase Madden to play it...

** Save Money EA -- Take Out Superstar Mode, Fix what originally Made Madden as Great As It Is ( Nobody will be made at yall...)

(I think people get more made at seeing the Superstar Mode as what 'could be')

But its all good..i understand its frustrating for people to hear other people just say scrap something that you actually care about..
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

lol Im glad you feel me..Phil actually said there were a few improvements made to the mode..I guess will just have to see how far they came.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #14
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
lol Im glad you feel me..Phil actually said there were a few improvements made to the mode..I guess will just have to see how far they came.
Yeah, the only reason why I say scrap it in the first place is cause I hate playin that Mode and sayin "if they just did this....", "If they just did that...."

I just think they should stop putting out a very watered down Mode that does have potential to be waaayyy better than franchise mode...

But we will see...hopefully Phil was right.....
Old 05-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Although I'm not a big fan of superstar mode, I think that you should respect the people who like it and want it to be improved. I've played it before, and I think there's plenty of room for improvement.
thank you!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

I spent some time (though it was tedious and hard sometimes) playing superstar mode. I thought it had the potential to be an awesome mode it several problems were addressed. First, realistic play calling: consistently in superstar mode when it will be 3rd and 5 or longer and the play that is run is a running play. This is frustrating because there is no way to change the play once it is called. Second, there needs to be something to fill time in superstar mode other then just the games. Give us something else to do in the mode rather then tediously going through every game of the season and attempting to rack up big numbers. Such as game-planing, or attempting to develop chemistry with teammates through certain drills. A talk show, magazine/newspaper which talks about our players progression would be awesome also.

With these improvements i think people would find Superstar mode more playable and fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »