Home

Random Acts of Awesome-in Madden

This is a discussion on Random Acts of Awesome-in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Random Acts of Awesome-in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
This thread will be better for Backbreaker where the possibilities are endless, a better thread for Madden would be unbelievable last moment wins or something like that (which i'm sure there are a million threads on already)
wow 15 post till BB reference the BB people are slipping LOL
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

In Madden every play is a random act of awesome
Old 05-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
This thread will be better for Backbreaker where the possibilities are endless, a better thread for Madden would be unbelievable last moment wins or something like that (which i'm sure there are a million threads on already)
Things like this can be put in Madden. It's just a matter of programming. There would be no less programming in Backbreaker either. The running back isn't going to just land on his feet after a flip automatically, just because the game has the Euphoria physics system. They'd have to manually put that in the game. Madden has plenty of possibilities as well.

PS-I don't want this thread to get locked. Let's keep it to Madden discussion please.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
Christensen Sorry, I had to do that. I know him.

Those random acts are true to life though. If Madden was an absolute perfect simulation of what happens in the NFL, those things would happen on occasion. Now I know somebody's going to say "but it's not a perfect simulation," but isn't that what many people on OS want? If the game played very methodical, where it was just conservative runs and short passes all game, it would feel dry, and I agree with the person who posted earlier, it would get a bit boring. The game needs those exciting moments that make your jaw drop.

And as for the "carnage" that would happen if someone lost a game due to one of these moments, maybe they would be able to tune them so they only happened to user-controlled players. They happen rarely enough that it probably wouldn't be noticeable if it never happened to a CPU team. If you were referring to losing to another human player, I don't think it's really fair to get mad at the developer for something like that.
This is why Rocket Catch (or whatever it's going to be called this year) will make it in Madden 10. At least I think so. I hope not though.

I actually do prefer the conservative runs and short passes will make madden "boring" but because of the scaling of player ratings making teams play like they on sundays, I think there's going to be a lot more chess match situations. Like playing to your teams strengths and weaknesses.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana16
This is why Rocket Catch (or whatever it's going to be called this year) will make it in Madden 10. At least I think so. I hope not though.

I actually do prefer the conservative runs and short passes will make madden "boring" but because of the scaling of player ratings making teams play like they on sundays, I think there's going to be a lot more chess match situations. Like playing to your teams strengths and weaknesses.
I hope the rocket catch isn't in this year also (at least in the way it was in the past). It's too easy to do, and I think the reason people hate it is because it happens way too much. It can be done every play if the player so chooses. That's what would make it bothersome to me at least-it's not one of those things that I think would make your jaw drop. Chess match games are what make these moments I'm referring to exciting. I was just saying it would add a lot to the excitement of the game to have them (especially if they happened rarely-amongst all the conservative runs and quick passes-unlike the rocket catch).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #22
Pro

Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden tries to coppy what has been done. They need some random animations of just regular great plays that havent been done.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Remember that not all random occurrences are good though. Here's something that happened to me just the other day. Only the 3rd time it's ever happened.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-17-2009 at 01:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »