Home

OT's vs DE's/OLB's and the Pocket

This is a discussion on OT's vs DE's/OLB's and the Pocket within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: OT's vs DE's/OLB's and the Pocket

I like what's going on on the left side of this screen shot. On the right side, I'm not sure. Looks like the QB can get outside of that. Although I'm sure the DE will break off and force you to pass it quickly.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
While that is the case, all the videos have the defenses in the Nickel so they are coming from the same spot, so I'd expect the same behavior in terms of the arc. In the Madden videos, the QB is out of his drop well ahead of time and can actually move earlier than they move in the video. I did this at CD and got outside. The DE chased me but I got outside nonetheless and got some passes off. Most of them were overthrown. But I want a fierce pass rush from certain guys. I want some guys to not even engage and beat the man with a move if the ratings call for it.
I got you, i dont get why they would use 3-4 de to rush the passer.( Think ian was trying to show the OTs blocking more then the de's rushing?) In nickle they move to the inside most of the time, or they get taking out. The de's they are showing are very slow, and would beat an (OK) OT 2 out of 10 times, on a speed rush. The De's in your APF vid was tops at speed rushing. When you played it at CD, was it on all madden? I know the ign ppl are playing on rookie, they have no skills in most sports games. Cant wait to see tru edge rushers, rushing the passer. Play calling has alot to do with the way your de rush also. But, if they was in a pass D, the ends should got there faster.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
I got you, i dont get why they would use 3-4 de to rush the passer.( Think ian was trying to show the OTs blocking more then the de's rushing?) In nickle they move to the inside most of the time, or they get taking out. The de's they are showing are very slow, and would beat an (OK) OT 2 out of 10 times, on a speed rush. The De's in your APF vid was tops at speed rushing. When you played it at CD, was it on all madden? I know the ign ppl are playing on rookie, they have no skills in most sports games. Cant wait to see tru edge rushers, rushing the passer. Play calling has alot to do with the way your de rush also. But, if they was in a pass D, the ends should got there faster.
Actually, Elvin Bethea was a 3-4 DE for the Oilers. He's was not as big as Pryce, Ngata or Spears, but he played the same position. He was a good pass rusher though.

I played on all levels at CD. Rook and Pro = cake. All Pro I was still able to get outside alot more than I would have liked, especially against 3-4 teams unless they blitzed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:

I like what's going on on the left side of this screen shot. On the right side, I'm not sure. Looks like the QB can get outside of that. Although I'm sure the DE will break off and force you to pass it quickly.
Yea thats nice. Look at the running lane up the middle. Thats set up great, he has time to find a wr. If you get this pic 2sec late, he think hes sacked?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yea thats nice. Look at the running lane up the middle. Thats set up great, he has time to find a wr. If you get this pic 2sec late, he think hes sacked?
Yeah that's a nice lane up the middle, although with the way linemen are able to branch, I'm not sure taking off with Schaub would be a great idea LOL.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Actually, Elvin Bethea was a 3-4 DE for the Oilers. He's was not as big as Pryce, Ngata or Spears, but he played the same position. He was a good pass rusher though.

I played on all levels at CD. Rook and Pro = cake. All Pro I was still able to get outside alot more than I would have liked, especially against 3-4 teams unless they blitzed.
Then thats when play calling come into play,right? Getting outside on 1st-2nd downs, not the same as 3rd and over 5 to go. Even at that the Qb should slide inside the OT to get outside, more then just running around the de. I think thats something they would never get right.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah that's a nice lane up the middle, although with the way linemen are able to branch, I'm not sure taking off with Schaub would be a great idea LOL.
Hey, he'll be good for 1-2 yards, then time to bring in the back-up.lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
If you get this pic 2sec late, he think hes sacked?
with the texans? i give it 1 second

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »