Home

If Online Franchise is announced as a feature

This is a discussion on If Online Franchise is announced as a feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: If Online Franchise is announced as a feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
yep..thats the key for me..honestly its more enjoyable when u have a small group of dedicated users. you know people have lives and such so if you can play every 1 game every day or 2 i think thats fine.

Yeah my online dyansty was guys in their late 20's early 30's, married, had kids etc and we advanced once every 2 or 3 days, sooner if possible but it makes it that much more addicting and competitive. The whole advancing everyday stuff is too much, at least for me but like I said we had a great sim dynasty and moved along perfectly...

Madden already had the single season year- franchise is gonna be a go for 10, it has to be...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #42
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
People care about offline for 1 simple reason, because they want that to be redone and "completed", "updated" and polished, that is it. Anyone in their right mind who is a big madden fan is dying to have an online franchise AND you don't need 32 people- it won't work. You need maybe 12 as NCAA and you will be fine. I was in THE best online dynasty in NCAA this year here at OS and we had 12 guys to start and outta the 12 we kept maybe 10 peopl for 9 months and decided to shut it down. You will absolutley have some duds but you will get a strong group IF you have a commited commish as we had.

The online dynasty is without question THE best thing ever implemented to any sports game by far. Who wants to play against the CPU and just dominate every team? No one that is a serious fan of Madden or NCAA. When you have 10 or even 3 people that you have to play against, compete against for recruits (free agents) and draft against it makes it 100 x's better....

IMHO there is no doubt that we get Online franchise in 10 because of the absolutely positive feedback from NCAA. Why would they not have it in 10? NCAA was amazing, it's not THAT crazy to put into the game. It will be there and if it's not then that is a HUGE miss for EA. Online is becoming more and more what all games are geared for. This year, NCAA 09 was my first year online and I was seriously suspect but it is amazing and madden 10 will be even more refined, watch...
yep..the key is to have a dedicated commish who can reel everyone in and set up times to do off seasons that is fair for everyone. Like you J NCAA OD was my first and i was suspicious on how it work work and it was the best experience iv had with a football game. We had one one time as much as 8 people in the league. Of course ur gonna have a few people flake out but the great thing was you could put that team on autopilot, where the cpu would take over until you took it off. The commish tools were so user friendly i cant imagine why Ea wouldnt put it in M10. Even if they carbon copied it straight from NCAA i would be fine with that.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #43
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
Yeah my online dyansty was guys in their late 20's early 30's, married, had kids etc and we advanced once every 2 or 3 days, sooner if possible but it makes it that much more addicting and competitive. The whole advancing everyday stuff is too much, at least for me but like I said we had a great sim dynasty and moved along perfectly...

Madden already had the single season year- franchise is gonna be a go for 10, it has to be...
yeah in my league for of us used to play in college all the time. but now since we graduated in 06 we have been trying to find ways to play. This is crucial to M10

Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #44
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
yep..the key is to have a dedicated commish who can reel everyone in and set up times to do off seasons that is fair for everyone. Like you J NCAA OD was my first and i was suspicious on how it work work and it was the best experience iv had with a football game. We had one one time as much as 8 people in the league. Of course ur gonna have a few people flake out but the great thing was you could put that team on autopilot, where the cpu would take over until you took it off. The commish tools were so user friendly i cant imagine why Ea wouldnt put it in M10. Even if they carbon copied it straight from NCAA i would be fine with that.
No question, not even a question. Totally agree. If they just took NCAA OD and put that in madden then it would be awesome!

Sure you get some flakes like you said but if you got a commish who is commited to sim and runs the league then you are gonna have an amazing franchise or dynasty. Sure NCAA had it's issues online with the dynasty but it was year one and it was still crazy fun- the did a great job! Yeah the commish tools you had in NCAA where perfect.

I had never played online like we said and really thought it was this great idea but in the back of my mind I thought for sure it was going to be mess. I mean imagine playing an offline franchise but you have say 8-10 other people across the country that you have to play against. You talk about loads of fun and extending the playing of a game, well you have it right there in an online franchise. Offline is fun but when you throw in the the online feature it is on a whole new level....

You can set it up however you want, you can do so many things...
Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 16

They must set it up right tho.Full Stat Tracking and have player awards etc.Injuries must have a affect on your season.

Cincy still open.

Last edited by Da Bears; 05-16-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #46
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

Bears is right it HAS to be set up right. dont give me those stats from the online league stuff. I didnt even reaize that NCAA OD was the first yr last yr. Well done

Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Just out of curiosity, what is it about online leagues and franchise do Madden players hate? I was a 2k gamer and I am asking a serious question. Not knocking anyone just curious. It seems to me that the majority of madden players like playing against the computer. A lot of 2k players seem to enjoy the online community more. Just curious as to why that is? I would think playing in leagues and competing against other guys would be the best thing about sports gaming. Doesn't it get boring repeatedly beating the crap out of the computer? A human opponent is unpredictable and throws all kinds of challenges out at you each time you play.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #48
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Just out of curiosity, what is it about online leagues and franchise do Madden players hate? I was a 2k gamer and I am asking a serious question. Not knocking anyone just curious. It seems to me that the majority of madden players like playing against the computer. A lot of 2k players seem to enjoy the online community more. Just curious as to why that is? I would think playing in leagues and competing against other guys would be the best thing about sports gaming. Doesn't it get boring repeatedly beating the crap out of the computer? A human opponent is unpredictable and throws all kinds of challenges out at you each time you play.
I think the people that are saying don't want it have never actually tried being in one. Once you are in a good league/dynasty, you CAN'T go bac k to playign the cpu every game. It just isn't the same. It really isn't that hard to find a group of dedicated sim guys. I've been in a 32 man sim Madden league from Madden 07-09, and we finish about a season a month. Makes Madden 1000000x more enjoyable.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »