Home

Stats displayed in games

This is a discussion on Stats displayed in games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Stats displayed in games

I was playing 2k5 last night and the stats overlay is awesome. I was looking at some videos that EA had put out, i did see in one video that Ben had some stats show up, but i couldnt really see them. So it seems that Ian will have some kind of stats show up, more than 09 did...Thank GOD!! I was wondering, what other stats would u like to see in game. I know that when i look at a game, its not only individual stats that year, but team stats, percentage of games..tackles, sacks..etc, superbowl record breakers, playoffs stats and past achievements..individual and team. So i'm looking for more then just individual achievement a season, but a well-rounded stats display of past, current and even future. What do u think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Stats displayed in games

TL;DR

Seems very very useless.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think it's going to be good.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-O-Goat
TL;DR

Wow... if that's the case then you need to read more.

Anyways, it seems like there will be a BUNCH of stats in the game.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Wow... if that's the case then you need to read more.

Anyways, it seems like there will be a BUNCH of stats in the game.
Yeah, I think we will see a bunch of stats in Madden 10. They made it a priority in Madden 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just hope we can get a great halftime show thats smooth and fun to watch. i hope they show the big plays that happened in the first half. And I hope they show the team stats nicly big and colorful so we can actually see them without second half starting right away.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

Stats need to be primarily tied to individual players. They totally effed this up in 09. You'd get a stat like "Passing Summary: 24-37, 256 yds", and it didn't even tell you who the passer was... this is even more off if you're the Colts and Peyton Manning is the only QB who has played all day for the Colts, lol. I don't know what they were thinking.

As long as they make sure the banners are tied to individual players, with stats in the correct category sequence and make sure the player dominates the screen when his stats come up, then they'll have nailed this.

As far as stat category sequence goes:

For RB's it's carries-yards-TD's. Some networks get fancy and add the fumble stat, but ehhhhh... I could go either way on the fumble stat. I just don't want to see zero's popping up as a total stat for any category. I say if the player didn't throw a pick or fumble or score a TD, then the stat column for it shouldn't even be there.

For QB's it's completions-attempts-yards-TD's-INT's

... and so on. They really screwed that up last year and nowhere more evident than when you were in the playcall screen and you selected a stat card. That was just bad.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

hopefully add updated scores and stats around the league overlay on franchise like CBS and FOX has

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »