Home

People Who Rely on Sprinting Backwards With the QB Need to be Penalized Heavily

This is a discussion on People Who Rely on Sprinting Backwards With the QB Need to be Penalized Heavily within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: People Who Rely on Sprinting Backwards With the QB Need to be Penalized Heavily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone
And while they're at it make it so that YOU CANNOT PLAYMAKER AT ALL while running backwards and not facing anyone to coordinate such a move with.
Damn good point SmokeCapone!!! I think the big issue is that the QB's back is to the all his receivers, which is not done at all in the NFL by quarterbacks. Then the QB is able to make an unrealistic throw (180 degree off one foot) that goes against physics with no repercussion. I understand EA's reason with not wanting limit gamers’ capabilities, because they consider that breaking the game in their eye's as Ian said the last time he was on EA Sports Live. Although with that being said there still needs to be some course of action put in place for not emulating realistic/simulation actions in the game. fficeffice" />>>
Old 05-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: People Who Rely on Sprinting Backwards With the QB Need to be Penalized Heavily

you should be penalized by sprinting back because it gives the DE's a great angle. best way to ensure this is with a DE angles. if you drop back ten yards the DE should hardly get touched
Old 05-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I think everything will be alright...it probably was the level the dude was playing on...

atleast I hope...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

heres how it should be, if someone runs out the pocket with the qb they should be getting pressure from the defensive end. qbs like the mannings and brady should throw bad passes when on the run and qbs's like mcnabb and rothlisberger should be more elusive and there for able to throw more accurate passes on the run, but this should not happen all the time for elusive qb's.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
having a pocket is definitely a huge deal for me. I always step up into the pocket and try to play as sim as possible. I do agree that there needs to be some sort of decrease in velocity and accuracy when a player runs back, however its not like this doesn't happen in real football.

Of course 90% of the time the QB steps up, but when they feel the rush they try to make a play by scrambling. I just hope we can scramble and make plays to some degree.
Oh yeah, of course you should be able to scramble and make a play. However, you shouldnt be able to sprint backwards, make a decision WHILE sprinting backwards, then turn on a dime and throw a 100% accurate laser down the field. Turning on a dime and throwing a pass after a sprint back should=100% terrible pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Thanks OP. No one has ever mentioned this before
Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 AM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
having a pocket is definitely a huge deal for me. I always step up into the pocket and try to play as sim as possible. I do agree that there needs to be some sort of decrease in velocity and accuracy when a player runs back, however its not like this doesn't happen in real football.

Of course 90% of the time the QB steps up, but when they feel the rush they try to make a play by scrambling. I just hope we can scramble and make plays to some degree.
+1. Stepping up into the pocket has always felt natural to be before throwing. I rarely try to scramble. Usually if I have to get out the pocket its because, I have to move to the right or the left to see my reciever.

I hate that I can't see the corners of the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »